MKE Mobile Crisis
If you believe your child is experiencing a crisis, call Milwaukee Mobile Crisis line now.
The Milwaukee Mobile Crisis team supports callers on the Milwaukee County Crisis Line and provides mental health crisis responses and intervention to individuals of all ages, in the community. This non-police mobile response provides services 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is composed of counselors, therapists, psychologists and nurses.
Milwaukee Mobile Crisis also provides:
- Mental health assessments
- Assistance with stabilization
- Connections to on-going resources
Visit Milwaukee Mobile Crisis Website
Refer to Our System of Care
We offer an array of programming and services for youth between the ages of 5 and 23 who are in need of support with behavioral or mental health needs.
To speak with someone directly, call us at (414) 257-7607 or complete a referral online, and someone will reach out to you.
Programming is voluntary and assessments are done at no cost to the family.
Download Referral Flyer (English | Español)
Mind Matters: Addressing Youth Mental Health and Trauma in Back-to-School Season
Identifying when a young individual might require assistance is crucial for their overall mental well-being. Recognizing that parents, educators, caregivers or community members might need to guide young individuals toward support, it's vital for individuals to be aware and informed about the mental health challenges youth and young adults may be facing and where they can turn to for support.
Watch Wraparound's most recent webinar and learn from a panel of mental health experts from our organization about common mental health challenges and trauma young people may face as they return back to school and how you can help create a supportive environment.
Technical assistance offered to Wraparound Milwaukee and other mental health programs that includes: training, workforce and leadership development, program development, QA/QI, sustainable funding models and system of care expansion.
Training Calendar | Training Videos
To schedule a site visit, request training or consultation, or speak to someone about ways we can support your agency in service to youth and young adults, email us.
Meet our Re-Source Team!
Owen’s Place is a community drop-in resource center for young adults age 16 to 24 whose mental health needs may be impacting their ability to become independent. Owen’s Place is equipped with a computer lab, kitchen, laundry facility, and monthly calendar of social events and skill building activities. Connection is the foundation of Owen’s Place, where young people can build relationships with each other and staff, and find connections to community resources based on their individual needs and interests. Download Owen's Place Brochure.
Connect With Us!
4610 W. Fond Du Lac Ave. | (414) 977-4249
Who We Are
Children’s Community Services and Wraparound Milwaukee is a unique system of care for children with serious emotional behavioral, and mental health needs and their families.
To help build healthy and strong communities by enhancing children and families’ ability to meet life’s challenges and to foster resiliency and hope for a better future. We use a Wraparound philosophy and approach that focuses on strength-based, individualized care. Combined with a unique organizational structure, Wraparound Milwaukee delivers a comprehensive and flexible array of services to youth and their families.
Wraparound Milwaukee involves families at all levels of the system and aggressively monitors quality and outcomes. It operates from a value base that emphasizes building on strengths to meet needs; one family-one plan of care; cost-effective community-based alternatives to residential treatment placements, juvenile correctional placement as appropriate and psychiatric hospitalization; increased parent choice and family independence; and care for children in the context of their family and community.
- To serve each youth and family with respect and dignity acknowledging their strengths, needs and preferences
- To partner with the agencies that work with families to create a coordinated, holistic plan for a better life
- To support youth and their families to remain safely in their homes and communities
- To provide quality care that is culturally responsive to the diverse needs of the families we serve
- To provide leadership in creating lasting resources to promote the health and well being of families in their communities
This graphic represents the central programming options available under the Children’s Community Services & Wraparound Milwaukee system of care.
All programs follow the same values, philosophy and process.
All programs are supported by their associated provider networks and community resources.
Children’s Community Services & Wraparound Milwaukee has a broad benefit plan of over 100 different mental health, social and supportive services. This network of community agencies and individual providers provides a variety of options for every service type, giving families considerable choice for their child and their family.
System of Care
For a printable schematic including all programs, click here.
- Wraparound: Referrals are received from the youth justice and child welfare systems for those youth who are either placed out of home and outside of their community or are at risk of being placed. It provides cost-effective, community-based alternatives to residential treatment placements, youth correctional placements and psychiatric hospitalization.
- Reaching, Engaging and Assisting Children & Families (REACH): Referrals come directly from families, schools, service providers and Mobile Crisis. Youth generally are not involved in the juvenile justice system or the division of child protective services program. Under the same practice model, youth and families receive the same type of supports and services as those in the Wraparound program, with the exception of placement services.
- Comprehensive Community Services (CCS): An option for families in Milwaukee County that provides support and services to youth and young adults who are coping with a mental health or substance abuse diagnosis. As a voluntary community-based program, CCS addresses needs throughout a person’s lifespan, with a coordinated and comprehensive array of recovery, treatment and psychosocial rehabilitation services. Download CCS Brochure
- Coordinated Opportunities for Recovery and Empowerment (CORE): As a subset of CCS, CORE serves 10- to 23-year-olds who are at high risk of, or who are, experiencing their first episode with psychosis. Services include: care coordination, individual therapy, employment and education support, peer support and medication management. Download CORE Flyer (Español)
Open AllClose All
A short-term intensive crisis care coordination program that serves youth and families with a focus on preventing and responding to mental health crisis in an effort to reduce in-patient hospital stays. A crisis care coordinator and coach work with the youth and family to provide crisis planning and response, community connections to address factors that contribute to overwhelming stress that leads to crisis, and provide a bridge to enrollment in other Children's Community Mental Health Services and Wraparound Milwaukee programs.
Family Intervention and Support Services (FISS)
A free and voluntary program that provides short-term case management for youth 10 to 18 years old. Operating as a supportive program to divert from deeper system involvement, there are no mental health diagnosis or insurance requirements for enrollment. FISS works with youth to provide early intervention to help manage mental and behavioral health challenges, with a focus on truancy, running away, substance use and police contact. FISS provides assessment, community resource connection and school advocacy. For more information contact (414) 257-4319.
Youth Crisis Stabilization Facilities (YCSF)
Six-bed facility available for females ages 13-17 who are experiencing a mental health crisis. During their short-term stay, youth will receive therapeutic services, recreation, life skills support, and transitional case management. YCSF staff coordinate school attendance in-person or virtually for the youth in their care to ensure no educational disruption.
To make a referral - Call Lad Lake directly at (414) 750-6109. They will accept referrals Monday-Friday 8am-8pm. Download Brochure
Family Advocacy Services
Run by families with lived experience, this provider offers family support, advocacy services, family-run support groups and family events. They also train providers and are the voice of families on committees and in the community.
Open AllClose All
Provides specialized advocacy services to enrolled youth and families. Educational advocacy includes participation with families as partners in the special education process at all levels to ensure student rights are upheld, and youth and families are supported during 504 plan meetings, individualized education plan meetings, expulsion hearings and more.
Trauma Response Team (TRT)
In collaboration with the Milwaukee Police Department, Mobile Crisis provides support services to children and their families when they have witnessed or have been exposed to potentially traumatic events such as serious accidents, sudden death, shootings, violence or domestic violence.
Printable brochure (English | Español)
Professional Foster Parent (PFP)
For youth involved in the child welfare system, PFP provides a transitional home environment for youth with a history of running away. Serving one girl in a home at a time, the ultimate goal is to help the youth achieve permanency with their respective family.
We would love to hear from you!
Your voice is important, and your opinion matters.
Any comments, questions, suggestions or general feedback?
Send us a message and a member of our team will review. If you'd like us to follow up with you, please be sure to leave the best phone number or email.
*If you have comments/questions regarding referrals, click here.
Resource & Referral Line: (414) 257-7607
Milwaukee Mobile Crisis: (414) 257-7222
Synthesis Help Desk: (414) 257-7547
Milwaukee County Mental Health Clinic: (414) 257-7610
Wraparound Administration: (414) 257-7639
1220 W. Vliet Street, 3rd Floor Milwaukee, WI 53205
Access the Wraparound Resource Guide to find a wide range of individual providers reflecting diverse interests, experience, therapeutic knowledge, and languages spoken.
Keep up to date on all things Wraparound! You will receive updates on happenings, trainings, events and more! You can unsubscribe at any time.