Milwaukee County Parks

Apply for a Permit

Apply for a Permit or Purchase a Pass

To help everyone enjoy Milwaukee County Parks safely, some activities do require permits. 

  • Photography
  • Vendors
  • Geocaching
  • Dog Parks
  • Boating
  • Disc Golf


Formal Photography Permit

Personal photography and videography is permitted in every county park. However, if you want to reserve a particular site for a photo shoot, including wedding photography, you’ll need a Photography Permit. The Domes, Boerner Botanical gardens and Wehr Nature Center have different fees and permit processes.



Fee (1 hour)

Each additional half hour

Permit Application

General Milwaukee County Parks



Parks Photo Permit

Mitchell Park Domes Formal Photography (admission fees also required)



Domes Photo Permit

Boerner Botanical Gardens Formal Photography



Boerner Photo Permit

Boerner Wedding package (inc admission for up to 20)



Boerner Photo Permit
Wehr Nature Center Formal Photography**
$26.40 $13.20  
Wehr Nature Center Wedding Photography**
$52.80 $26.40  

*plus per person admission fees
**plus parking fees

Commercial Photography & Filming

A permit is required for all commercial and advertising photography.


3 hour permit

8 hour permit

Each Additional Hour






Parks Photo Permit

Wilson Ice Arena




Parks Photo Permit

Mitchell Park Domes




Domes Photo Permit

Boerner Botanical Gardens





All other locations










*plus per person admission fees


Vendor Permits

A Vendor Permit Application is required if you are interested in the opportunity to operate a food and beverage, retail, recreational, collecting donations, hosting a raffle or silent auction or other service oriented concession on Milwaukee County Parks property.

Application Process 

Application Submission: Complete and submit the Vendor Permit Application to Milwaukee County Parks Special Events Office for review and approval. 
Application Review: After receipt of your application, you will be notified via email within two weeks regarding the status of your vendor application.

Fees & Requirements: If your Vendor Permit Application is approved, you will receive an email with fee information and requirements to obtain your vendor permit. The Vendor Permit Application must be submitted, processed, and approved, including payment before you may begin operating. 

Complete Vendor Permit Application 


Open AllClose All
  What are the fees to obtain a vendor permit?

Base Fee – all permit fees will have a fee associated with each location.  The amount varies depending on type of vendor operation and location. 
Operational Expenses – costs of services provided by Milwaukee County Parks, including but not limited to utilities, trash removal, water, etc.
Concession Facility – you must purchase your own concession facility, if applicable.
Additional Expenses – other costs may include but are not limited to general maintenance, repairs, signage, landscaping and restoration, clean up, etc

  I have a license issued by the City of Milwaukee. Can I use it in a Milwaukee County Park?

No. Milwaukee County Parks issues vendor permits for its property.  If you are selling food, commodities or services on any Milwaukee County Parks property without a vendor permit, you may be subject to a fine and confiscation of your products or equipment. Additional licenses from local municipalities may also be required by the Milwaukee County Parks to receive a vendor permit.

  What type of insurance is required? Certificate of Insurance (COI):

Many applicants are required to submit a “Certificate of Insurance” in the amount of $1,000,000 of general liability coverage naming Milwaukee County Parks as an additional insured. Milwaukee County Parks must be listed as the Certificate Holder with the address listed as 9480 Watertown Plank Road, Wauwatosa, WI 53326. 

  What if the location I want to sell or perform services at is not available?

Milwaukee County Parks will review any and all proposals or ideas for locations.  However, if the requested location is not an option, Milwaukee County Parks can recommend alternate sites.


  Can I operate my business during a Special Event in the Park I am permitted at?

Seasonal Vendors cannot sell during Special Events in the Park unless approved by the Milwaukee County Parks Department and event organizer.  This includes July 3rd and July 4th events in all Milwaukee County Parks.



Geocaching is a popular outdoor "scavenger hunt" that uses a global positioning system (GPS) device and internet-published coordinates to locate a virtual or physical cache. A virtual cache may be an amazing view; a physical cache may be a trinket or log book in a plastic container hidden under some leaves. Geocaching is an acceptable activity in the Parks when all the guidelines are followed.

To place a physical or virtual cache, you must have prior written permission from the Milwaukee County Parks Land Manager. For each cache location, complete a separate Permit Request Form, and provide a map (a Google Earth or similar map). Read the full geocaching regulations.

Complete Geocache Permit Application 

Dog Park Passes & Fees

Buy a single visit pass or annual dog park pass for unlimited access to all seven Milwaukee County dog parks (Granville, Currie, Estabrook, Warnimont, Runway, Bay View and Roverwest). Passes are available to buy online. Before you buy a pass, your dog must be licensed by your municipality and up to date on vaccinations.

2019 Fees

Permit Type Resident Non-Resident
2019 Annual Pass $30 $35
Senior (60yrs+) $15 $20
Person with Disability $15 $20
Each Additional Dog $15 $20
Replacement Tag $20 $20
Single Visit Pass $5 $5
Purchase a Dog Park Pass 


Buy a single day pass or an annual pass to get acces to launches at McKinley Marina, Riverfront launch and South Shore Park during the Official Boating Season, which is May through October.

2019 Rates,  (prices listed include sales tax)
Pass Type Daily Seasonal Age 60+
 Jet Ski, Resident* $9 $90 $60
 Jet Ski, Non-Resident* $10 $100 $70
 Non-Motorized, Resident $6.75 $67.50 $45
 Non-Motorized, Non-Resident $7 $70 $55
 Under 20 feet, Resident $10.50 $105 $70
 Under 20 feet, Non-Resident $12 $120 $90
 Over 20 feet, Resident $14.75 $147.50 $85
 Over 20 feet, Non-Resident $15.50 $155 $105


Purchase a Boat Launch Pass 

Disc Golf

Buy a single use pass or an annual Disc Golf Pass to get unlimited play on all Milwaukee County Disc Golf Courses. Players under 16 do not require a pass.

Disc Golf Pass Fees

Pass Type Fee
2019 Annual Pass $40/player
Single Visit Pass $5/player
Single Visit Pass (Tournament Play) $2.50
Replacement Tag $20


Purchase a Disc Golf Pass 


9480 Watertown Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
(414) 257-PARK (7275)


2019 rentals guide

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System