Child Support Services
  • Refine Search

  • All Results

Payments & Fees

Payment and Collection Information

Find 24-hour payment and collection information on your child support case on the State of Wisconsin Child Support website.

You may also call the KIDS Information Line for payment and collection information on your child support case, account balances, copies of payment records or replacement of checks that are lost or stolen. Operators are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Automated operators are available 24 hours/7 days.

Outside Milwaukee: (800) 991-5530

TDD: (877) 209-5209

Payer Payment Methods

Income withholding is the way most support is collected, but there are other ways you can make a support payment. These options do not replace income withholding, but are useful if you are self-employed, between jobs or if you want to pay extra toward your past-due support. Whichever way you choose, all support must be paid through the Trust Fund. This is not only a state law, but is the only way you can be sure that you get credit for your payments. In addition to the fees listed next to the payment options below, a payer should contact his or her financial institution or credit card company to determine if other fees apply.

Pay by Mail

Payments may be sent by a payer with a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the Wisconsin Support Collection Trust Fund (WI SCTF). Include a payment coupon when mailing a support payment. This ensures that your payment will be applied to your account.

When mailing your support payment:

  • Be sure to include the right coupon (regular coupon or R&D fee coupon)
  • Write your KIDS Pin or Social Security number on your check or money order
  • Make check or money order payable to: WI SCTF
  • Send your payment and coupon to:

P.O. Box 74200
Milwaukee, WI 53274-0200

Use these payment coupons to pay current support, past-due support and interest:

Coupons are not accepted at the child support office.

Use this payment coupon to pay R&D fees:

If you have a question about your coupons, call the KIDS Information Line at (800) 991-5530, (877) 209-5209 TDD.

Pay Online

There are two ways to pay support online. Before signing up for one of these services, read the details about fees and payment timing.

Disclaimer: These electronic payment products are offered by private companies. Milwaukee County Child Support Services does not receive the fees for these services.

AllPaid - formerly known as GovPayNet 

How does it work?

  • Pay with credit, debit or pre-paid debit card brands (or any combination). Visit the website to see which cards are accepted
  • Payments accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week


  • There are fees charged for using AllPaid/GovPayNet


  •  Your payment may take up to seven days to reach the trust fund

Please read Terms of Service for more information. For answers to general questions, please visit AllPaid/GovPayNet FAQ.

Click to Pay Now button for GovPayNet shows Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover and debit cards


How does it work?   

  • Pay with money transferred from your checking or savings account
  • Pay with PayPal, VISA, MasterCard or Discover


  • There is a $2.50 registration fee to set-up payments directly from a bank account and no additional fees for transactions
  • There is a 2.95% fee for payments using PayPal, VISA, MasterCard or Discover


  •  Your payment may take up to seven days to reach the trust fund

 Visit ExpertPay

e-ChildsPay Operated by ExpertPay

Payers who used e-ChildsPay to make payments will now be redirected to ExpertPay. Payer information was not migrated to ExpertPay, so users must re-register to make a payment.

Pay by Phone

A convenient way to pay for those who are self-employed. You can make a support payment anytime, from anywhere, by using a touch-tone phone.

  • Print and complete the authorization form
  • After the form is completed and returned, you will receive a four-digit access code to use the pay-by-phone service

Find more information and instructions for pay-by-phone.

Pay With Cash Using MoneyGram

A convenient way to pay child support with cash. You can make a support payment anytime, by visiting any MoneyGram location.

  • Flat fee ($3.99) regardless of child support payment amount
  • Available at many national retail stores (e.g., Walmart and CVS)
  • Safe, fast and reliable
  • Payments post to your child support account within five days
  • You'll need your child support PIN and receive code (14692) for payments to the Trust Fund

Example of Wallet Card

Information Flyer

Custodial Parent Payment Information

The Child Support Online Services website gives information about all payments and/or collections, as well as balances for the last 60 days. Information is updated every night except Sunday.

Direct Deposit

  • To have support payments deposited into a checking or savings account, you must fill out a direct deposit form and return it to the Wisconsin Support Collection Trust Fund for processing. You can also call the Trust Fund at (800) 991-5530, (877) 209-5209 TDD and request that a direct deposit form be mailed to you

Debit Card - Way2Go Debit MasterCard

  • Custodial parents who are 18 years of age or older and have not enrolled in direct deposit will automatically be enrolled in the Wisconsin Way2Go Debit MasterCard program when a support collection is received. Custodial parents must keep their address current with the both the child support agency and with Way2Go. New debit cards will be mailed to the address in the child support agency’s system
  • Way2Go Debit MasterCard replaced the EPPIC Debit MasterCard in January of 2022.
  • Current payees will be issued the new Way2Go Debit MasterCard near the expiration date of their current EPPIC Debit MasterCard. Payees will receive the new card in the mail.
  • Child Support Customers can call the toll-free customer service number (877) 253-3686 for issues with their debit cards.
  • For more information click on Wisconsin Way2Go Debit MasterCard.

KIDS Information Line

  • The KIDS Information Line provides information on the last two payments and/or collections
  • Information is updated every night except Sunday.
  • Operators are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. IVR is available 24 hours/7 days
  • To use the KIDS Information line, call: (800) 991-5530, (877) 209-5209 TDD

Income Withholding

Notices to withhold support are sent to employers. Your employer then deducts the support amount from your paycheck and sends the money to the trust fund for processing. Employers may charge a fee to cover their costs to withhold support.

Child support may also be withheld from:

  • Unemployment payments
  • Workers compensation checks
  • Pension payments
  • Social Security Disability Income benefits

Income Withholding Timelines

New income withholdings may take up to 30 days for support payments to start coming out of your paycheck. Here's how it works:

  • The child support agency sends a notice to the employer to withhold for support. This notice is usually mailed within two business days of a new court order, or after a reported change in employment
  • The notice tells employers they must start withholding support in the first pay period after getting the withholding notice
  • After the payment is withheld from the paycheck, the employer must send the payment to the trust fund within five business days from the withholding date. Mailing time may take one to three days
  • The payment is processed on the same date it is received at the trust fund. The payment will be posted to the child support system overnight, and it can be seen on the Child Support Online Services website by the next morning

After a payment is posted in the child support system, it may take another two business days to get to the family.

Once income withholding starts, payments should start coming in according to when the paying parent gets paid. Almost all employers issue paychecks weekly, every two weeks or monthly. Keep in mind the employer has up to five business days to send the payment, so support payments will not always post the same day of the week.

Income withholding is also used to collect receipt and disbursement (R&D) fees. Withholding for R&D fees is only used when a parent does not pay the yearly fee in full or still owes R&D fees from previous years.

Additional questions parents ask about income withholding can be found on the State of Wisconsin Child Support website.


Artis Landon, Administrator
901 North 9th Street, Room 101
Milwaukee, WI 53233-1425

Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday

Customer Service: (414) 615-2593

Fax: (414) 223-1865

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System