The AMOP contains procedures and policies that guide the operation of Milwaukee County government, in compliance with federal, state and local law. It is a resource for staff, our citizens and those who work with county government.
Understand the AMOP
Review the AMOP overview for information on:
- The purpose of the AMOP
- What should be an AMOP
- How to submit one
Contact the AMOP Committee with questions and to submit an AMOP or request guidance.
Procedures are created by departments and then approved and published by the AMOP Committee. Departments must submit their draft procedure to the AMOP Committee via email at least one month prior to a committee date.
| AMOP Committee Dates
|| AMOP Submission Deadline
| September 30th
|| September 3rd
Find Common Terms
The Milwaukee County Terms In Use Guide contains a list of terms unique to the County that employees and the public may find valuable.
Terms In Use Guide
Employees may submit definitions or edits by contacting the AMOP Committee.
Please wait while we gather your results.
To outline the process and requirements for creating a new procedure and modifying an existing procedure. You can find samples and templates in this chapter.
- Diversity Inclusion Procedure
- Corrective Action
- Discharge of Classified Employee
- Equal Employment Opportunity Procedure
- Milwaukee County Substance Abuse Procedure
- Mandatory Training
- Family Medical Leave Request
- Capital Budget
- Operating Budget
- Milwaukee County Vehicle Operation
- VARC Administrative Procedure
- Safety and Health Program
- Accident and Claims Reporting Procedure
- Transitional Duty Procedure
- Use of Volunteers Procedure
- Mass E-mail Communication Procedure
- Managed Print Services Procedure
- Travel Advance Guidelines and Preparation
- Travel Preparation and Expense Reporting
- Travel Expense for Use with Travel Cards
- Travel Restrictions
- Business Continuity
- Continuity of Operations
- Emergency Action Plan
- OEM Radio Repair
- Effective Communication Procedure
- Service Animals Procedure
- Wheelchairs, Mobility Aids, and Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices Procedure
- ADA Grievance Procedure
- Land Disposition Procedure
- Parks Community Project Request Process
- County Facilities Planning Steering Committee Project Initiation and Review
To sign up for email alerts when there are changes to the AMOP, visit E-Notify. Look under the Information Updates tab.