Due to Covid-19, all counter services related to claims are suspended until further notice. If you have an urgent need, call (414) 278-4275, leave your name, phone number and reason for the call. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding during this difficult time in our community.
How to File a Claim
Complete this easy-to-use form. Include:
- Your name, address and daytime telephone number
- The date that the loss or injury occurred
- The county department that was involved in your loss or injury
- The dollar amount claimed
- Briefly state the facts as you know them that caused your loss or injury. If you have any supporting documentation or information, such as estimates and police reports, include it with the claim form (do not staple)
Mail or hand-deliver to:
Milwaukee County Clerk
County Courthouse, Room 105
901 North 9th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
What Happens Next
The County Clerk’s office receives and processes the claim, which is referred to an adjuster for investigation. Upon receiving your claim, the adjuster will make a determination and contact you. If you do not receive a response within 30 days, you may contact the adjuster.
Whom to Contact After Filing a Claim
The County Clerk’s office receives and processes claims; however, we do not know the status of a claim or when a claim will be resolved. Please direct any questions to one of the following based on the type of claim.
General claims against Milwaukee County are handled by Ryan Anderson of AEGIS Corporation. He can be reached at (866) 819-9318.
Claims against the Milwaukee County Transit System are initiated through MCTS at (414) 937-3247. To assist with this process, have the date and time of the incident, as well as the four-digit bus number, route and location information.