Department of Health and Human Services
  • Refine Search

  • All Results

Connecting Individuals With Disabilities to Resources That Promote Independence and Inclusion

Adult Protective Services

If you suspect that a Milwaukee County resident between the ages of 18 to end of lifespan is being physically or emotionally abused, neglected, financially exploited, or is unable to care for himself or herself, Milwaukee County DHHS Aging and Disabilities Services encourages you to call immediately.

Call Us if You Suspect Abuse

Through Adult Protective Services, Milwaukee County DHHS Aging and Disabilities Services investigates all allegations of abuse, neglect, self-neglect and financial exploitation of Milwaukee County residents with disabilities.

Call (414) 289-6874

Report Abuse Here

Court Comprehensive Evaluations

We provide Court Comprehensive Evaluations for individuals with disabilities who may no longer be able to care, or make decisions, for themselves due to a disability, and whose situations are before Probate Court to determine whether a legal guardian should be appointed. Judges use these comprehensive evaluations and Division recommendations in deciding whether it would be best to appoint a legal guardian, who will advocate for the person’s care and welfare.


For those persons with disabilities under court-ordered Guardianship, Milwaukee County’s Aging and Disabilities Services regularly monitors to ensure appointed guardians are acting appropriately and in the best interest of the individual.

Annual Review of Guardianship (Watts Review)

In cases in which there is a protective placement order, Milwaukee County DHHS aging and Disabilities Services annually conducts a Watts Review. The Watts Review includes assessing the individual's functional abilities and disabilities, as well as the adequacy of supervision and services being received. The ultimate goal is to ensure persons with disabilities are placed in the least restrictive environment and most integrated community setting.

GO Pass / Transportation

In partnership with the Department on Aging and the Milwaukee County Transit System, individuals with a disability, or over the age of 65, may qualify for significantly discounted fares on MCTS busses.

If you have a Go Pass card that is about to expire, the card will remain active throughout the duration of the public health emergency. For questions, call (414) 289-5800 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are not accepting new applications at this time.

Reduced Fare Card

You can use cash or an M•CARD to pay the reduced fare of $1.10 a ride, but the easiest way is with an MCTS Reduced Fare Card. This card works just like a regular M•CARD but is programmed for the reduced fare; this card also allows you to take advantage of our one-, seven- or 31-Day Reduced Fare pricing.

Reduced Fare Frequently Asked Questions

Don't have the MCTS Reduced Fare Card? No problem. You can still use cash or an M•CARD. When you board you must show an ID to the bus driver to prove you are eligible. Accepted forms of ID include:

  • Medicare Card
  • MCTS Reduced Fare ID Card

How Does GO Pass Work?

  • Qualified recipients can get unlimited MCTS rides for $2 per day
  • GO Pass works on all MCTS routes
  • The pass lasts for four years from your birth month
  • When you board the bus for the first time each day, show the driver your GO Pass card & tell them you would like to purchase a GO Pass. Once the driver says its okay, touch the GO Pass to the orange square on the farebox. Do not touch your card to the farebox until the driver says it's okay. The farebox will deduct $2 and you're ready for unlimited riding that day.

How Do I Sign Up?

Call (414) 289-5800 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

If your GO Pass card has expired, you will need to re-apply for GO Pass, and there is a $5 application fee if you are eligible.

How Do I Qualify?

  • For residents over 65: Be receiving Medicaid or FoodShare benefits
  • For residents under 65: Be receiving Social Security income through SSI or SSDI, or have a Veterans Disability designation; and be receiving Medicaid benefits including traditional Medicaid, EBD Medicaid, long-term care through Medicaid, or participate in a Medicare Savings program.

If you believe you meet one of these conditions but are not currently receiving Medicaid benefits, FoodShare benefits or participating in a Medicaid Savings program, you can call (414) 289-5800.

What Are the Fees?

  • Card Issuance Fee: $2 (added for all cards to the fees below, including replacements)
  • New GO Pass Fee: $5
  • First Replacement Card: $10
  • Second Replacement Card: $25
  • Third Replacement Card: $50

NOTE: No further replacements will be issued after the third.

  • Daily Use: $2/day (unlimited rides)


Navigating a Move With a Disability

Moving Guide Tips 

The Guide Includes

  • Home Accessibility Checklist  
  • Federal and State Financial Assistance Programs  
  • Moving Tips for People with Disabilities

Contact DHHS Aging and Disabilities Services

Visit Us

1220 West Vliet Street
Milwaukee, WI
Open in Google Maps

Talk to Us

General Phone 

(414) 289-6874


(414) 289-5711

Contact [email protected] for media inquiries

Contact CCSB

Contact ADRC Governing Board


1220 W. Vliet St.

Suite 301

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53205

Our Vision

Together, creating healthy communities.

Our Mission

Empowering safe, healthy, meaningful lives.

Our Values

Partnership, Respect, Integrity, 

Diversity, Excellence

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System