Department of Administrative Services
  • Refine Search

  • All Results



Open AllClose All
  Can your maps and apps be used as legal documents?

No. The maps and information provided by the Milwaukee County Land Information Office's website are not legal instruments and are to be used for reference purposes only, not as a substitute for legally recorded maps, surveys, or other documents.

  Does my property have a plat of survey?

To see whether Milwaukee County has a plat of survey on file for your property, go to our Plat of Survey Search app, and follow the instructions on the side panel.

  If there is no plat of survey for my property, what are the next steps I should take?

If Milwaukee County does not have a plat of survey on file for your property, contact your municipal government (City of Milwaukee, City of Wauwatosa, etc.) to see if they do before hiring a surveyor.

  Can Milwaukee County survey my property?

Milwaukee County does not do survey work. The Wisconsin Society of Land Surveyors maintains a list of registered surveyors available for hire.

  How often is your property data updated?

Our property and cadastral data is updated every two months. It may take a few months for property ownership changes to be reflected in our data.

  Where can I access aerial imagery?

You can download aerial imagery through the Open Data Portal or request imagery through the Data Download Form. Aerial imagery services are also available at through the GIS Service Endpoints.

  Can I get a map of Milwaukee County?

A PDF map of the county is available for download on our Maps page.

  Do you have any old imagery or historic maps?

Check out our Historical Maps Swipe App to view historic atlas maps and compare them to modern maps and imagery.

  How do I get a Pictometry Connect account?

Pictometry accounts are available to Milwaukee County municipal and utility partners. Please email us to request a login.

  Is the Land Information Office hiring?

Visit the Milwaukee County Careers page to view current openings.

Still Have Questions?

Please complete the contact form and someone from our department will be in touch with you.

Contact Form


Milwaukee County Courthouse
901 N. 9th St., Room 308
Milwaukee, WI 53233

(414) 278-5353 (Voice), 711 (TRS)

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System