Milwaukee County acknowledges the need for diverse talent, especially within the information technology sector.
Considering our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, we have partnered with i.c. Stars to give access and exposure to various technical skills and positions for the underserved people of color living in Milwaukee County. This includes:
- Workshop Sponsorship: Many of our current IMSD staff teach various topics to interns
- Project Sponsorship: IMSD presents a technical-related problem and interns try to resolve it using the skills gained at i.c.Stars
- Internship opportunities for interns to boost skillset
- Full-time job opportunities after completion of i.c. Stars program
- Ongoing support for interns and graduates who wish to further a career in technology