The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Courts Division, by State of Wisconsin statutory authority, provides sworn, uniformed deputies to attend the circuit courts of the State of Wisconsin's First Judicial District. There are 47 circuit court branches and 27 court commissioners. Of these, 12 are civil courts, 10 juvenile courts, five family courts, 12 felony courts and 10 misdemeanor courts. To fulfill the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office constitutionally-mandated functions, a staff of one captain, three sergeants and 81 deputies are assigned to provide a variety of duties. These duties include court security, inmate management and response to police/medical emergencies and calls for service, thereby safeguarding the judicial process. Court security staff are assigned to the Courthouse/Safety Building/Criminal Justice Facility Complex and the Vel R. Phillip's Juvenile Justice Center.
The security screening stations are staffed during business hours. The public safety officers are trained to screen visitors to maintain the safety of the county buildings. The following items are not allowed in the Milwaukee County Courthouse Complex. Items may be subject to confiscation. Illegal items may be subject to confiscation and/or criminal prosecution of person in possession of the items.
- Batons, baseball bats and clubs
- Box cutters
- Brass knuckles
- Chains greater than six inches (including wallet chains, tire chains, tow chains, etc.)
- Combs with a sharp edge or pointed end
- Drug paraphernalia
- Firearms (even if you have a permit)
- Handcuff or similar small keys
- Handcuffs, flex-cuffs or any type of restraining device
- Heavy blunt items
- Knives, knitting needles and other pointed items
- Large signs with frames or sticks attached Laser pointers
- Letter openers
- Lock picking kits
- Martial arts devices (nunchucks, throwing stars, ninja pins, etc.)
- Megaphones and noisemakers
- Metal files
- Metal forks or knives (including butter knives)
- Oversized walking sticks (Determined by an MCSO supervisor)
- Pepper spray/mace
- Plastic pipework (PVC pipe)
- Power tools
- Replica and toy weapons
- Scissors, knitting needles and other pointed items
- Selfie sticks
- Sharp objects
- Switchblade, butterfly knives
- Syringes (non-medical)
- Taser/stun gun/electric weapons (even if you have a permit)
- Tear gas
- Tools (screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, saws, etc.)
The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Central Records staff is responsible for processing and maintaining accident reports and traffic and parking citations.
We are only accepting online payments.
If you have a question regarding your parking citation, you can call (414) 391-8657 or (414) 391-9177 or email.
Accident reports are available to purchase for a fee of $6. Accident reports are usually available seven working days after the incident.
Get an Accident Report Online
Milwaukee County Safety Building
821 W. State St.
Rm 102 Windows 1 and 2
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed on holidays
Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Traffic Desk
821 W. State St. Rm 102
Milwaukee, WI 53233
(checks only, no cash)
- Accident report number
- Date and time of accident
- Approximate location
- Driver's name
- License plate number of the vehicle(s) involved
Call us at (414) 278-4712 or email.