Intern With the County Board of Supervisors
Interning at the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors will give students interested in public policy a unique introduction to local government. Interns will be exposed to the inner workings of the legislative process as it pertains to Milwaukee County. Under direct supervision of current public servants, interns will play an integral part in the daily functions of the Board.
Students must submit a complete application with resume and statement of interest concerning local government.
Intern tasks include but are not limited to:
- Helping County Supervisors and staff with various projects related to public policy
- Attending committee hearings on behalf of the Board
- Representing the Board at various events throughout the County
- Assisting County Supervisors with constituent services
Internships are available for three sessions:
- Fall: September through December 2018 (Deadline: TBA)
- Spring: January through May 2019 (Deadline: TBA)
We encourage students with a passion for local government to apply for this opportunity. All majors are welcome, but preference will be given to those studying political science. A minimum, cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required to apply.
Apply Online or Print Form & Apply
The completed application, along with supplements, can be submitted to Intern Coordinator Ritika Rajappa via email or U.S. mail:
Ritika Rajappa, Intern Coordinator
901 North 9th Street, Room 201
Milwaukee, WI 53233
All mailed applications must be received in office by the due date listed. Contact Intern Coordinator Ritika Rajappa with any questions via email or call (414) 278-4994.