Apply for an Internship
Internship applicants should be enrolled full-time or part-time in an undergraduate or graduate-level program. Preference is given to students in fields such as political science, public administration, economic development, urban studies, journalism, public relations and communications.
Ideal applicants will exhibit:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to public service
- Ability to work independently on tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Calm and positive attitude
Students should be available 10 to 15 hours per week. All internships with our office are unpaid. Students may perform the internship for credit provided that any assignments pertaining to the office are approved by our staff before submission to the school.
Interns will work with the County Executive’s full-time staff. Interns may be involved in some or all of the following activities:
- Constituent Services
- Research pertaining to issues being discussed by the County Executive’s office or the County Board
- Drafting of County Executive proclamations
- Responding to scheduling requests
- Attending staff meetings or other office events
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, and application form (available below) to Tim Schabo via email. Thank you for considering an internship with our office!
Apply Now Application Form