The Energy Assistance Program provides qualified Milwaukee County residents with a one-time annual payment to make energy (heating and electric) bills more affordable.
Click here or on the logo above for more information.
The Department of Health & Human Services consists of the following divisions:
All divisions report to the office of the Director of the Department of Health & Human Services.
The mission of the Milwaukee County Department of Health & Human Services is to enhance the quality of life for individuals who need support living healthy, independent, and safe lives within our community.
DHHS holds the following values:
- We respect the dignity and worth of each individual we serve and with whom we work.
- We act with honesty and integrity, adhering to the highest standards of moral and ethical principles through our professional and personal behavior.
- We strive for excellence, implementing best practices and measuring performance toward optimal outcomes.
- We work collaboratively, fostering partnerships with others in our service networks and within the community.
- We are good stewards of the resources entrusted to us, using them efficiently and effectively, to fulfill our mission.
- We honor cultural diversity and are culturally competent and sensitive.
Our vision is to be recognized as the public model of excellence, leadership, and partnership in human services driving superior outcomes for out community.
To link to the County Board Health & Human Needs Committee, click here.
No otherwise qualified applicant for service or service participant shall be excluded from participation, be denied benefits, or otherwise be subject to discrimination in any manner on the basis of race, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, disability or association with a person with a disability. Under the Food Stamp Act and USDA policy, discrimination is also prohibited on the basis of religion, political beliefs or affiliation. This policy covers eligibility for the access to services, and treatment in all of the department's programs and activities.
Ninguna persona que solicite servicios para los que esté calificada de otro modo será negada beneficios, o sometida de cualquier otro modo a discriminación en base a su raza, color, nacionalidad de origen o antepasados, sexo, religión, edad, o incapacidades. Esta directiva se refiere a la elegibilidad y acceso a nuestros servicios, y al tratamiento recibido en todos nuestros programas y actividades.
Tsis pub kom tus neeg uas muaj peev xwm ua tau raug cais tsis pub koom tes, tsis tau txais cov kev pab, los yog poob rau kev ntxub ntxaug vim caj neeg, cev nqaij daim tawv, haiv neeg, txawm xeeb, kev ntseeg, hnub nyoog los yog sav xeeb. Txoj cai no siv rau ntau yam xws li kev tsim nyog tau txais kev pab thiab kom tau txais los yog muaj kev pab yooj yim, thiab kom tau txais kev kho mob nkeeg uas muaj nyob rau hauv cov kev pabcuam thiab lwm yam.