The Housing Division strives to provide Milwaukee County residents in need with a safety net, decent and safe affordable housing, and a connection to opportunities improving the quality of life using available funding sources in the most equitable and efficient manner.
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM (SECTION 8) DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 1
Milwaukee County's Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) is opening their waitlist in regards to Milwaukee County Veterans discharged under any circumstance other than dishonorably. Only applicants that meet this criteria will be considered for the waitlist. The program anticipates that some vouchers will be immediately available.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM
DOWNLOAD THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION FORM
Submitting your application
- Applications will be accepted in person at the Housing Division office: 600 W. Walnut Street, 1st floor, Milwaukee, WI between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm as well as by mail and fax (414-223-1825). Completed applications must be RECEIVED by the extended deadline of Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 4:30pm in order to be considered.
- Each applicant must complete the MCHCVP Full Application, HUD form 92006 and submit their DD214 to verify status. Only complete applications will be considered, it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide all required information. Applicants that do not meet the initial criteria will not be added to the waitlist.
- It is NOT necessary to wait in line or submit your application first in order to secure your spot. As long as a completed application is submitted by the deadline, it will be considered and entered into the lottery. It is important to note that applicants will be ordered by a lottery system. Depending on the number of responses, the program does reserve the right to cap the number of applicants added to the waitlist.
After your application is submitted
- After the lottery is conducted, waitlist placement letters will be mailed mid March. Please do not call the office in regards to status prior to March 15th.
- Placement on the waitlist does NOT indicate eligibility for the Housing Choice Voucher Program. An eligibility determination will be made when the applicant is selected from the waitlist.
- Section 8 program participants may also qualify for the Security Deposit Grant Program. This grant is only available for approved housing units located in Milwaukee County Suburbs, not in the City of Milwaukee. Additional grant information will be distributed during the briefing seminar, once program eligibility is confirmed.
For assistance or questions, please contact Milwaukee County's Housing Division at 414-278-4894.
MILWAUKEE COUNTY FORECLOSURE INITIATIVE
The Milwaukee County Foreclosure Initiative is a new program that offers zero interest loans to help people purchase and fix up foreclosed homes. This is the first time Milwaukee County has ever offered a foreclosure program.
Milwaukee County's comprehensive CDBG planning process provides a framework for addressing identified housing and community development needs within the Consolidated Plan area.
The Milwaukee County Housing Division provides a Home Repair Program using Federal CDBG & Home funds in County communities excluding West Allis and the City of Milwaukee. Approved standard and emergency repairs are covered. The program offers low-interest and 0% interest loans to income-qualified homeowners.
Rental Assistance-Section 8
Special Needs Housing
Milwaukee County provides housing subsidies and services for those that have supportive housing needs.
600 W. Walnut Street, Suite 100
Milwaukee, WI 53212