Onsite and Offsite Visits
We encourage inmates to maintain ties with their families and the community through visits with family, friends, attorneys and other professionals. The Milwaukee County Jail allows for onsite visits and offsite visits via video.
- Onsite visits are free. The jail is located at 949 N. 9th Street, Milwaukee.
- Offsite visits are $.65 per minute plus $1 service fee.The account is set up through PayPal.
All visits are monitored and recorded. Personal recording of visits is strictly prohibited and will result in the permanent loss of all visiting privileges to any inmate in the Milwaukee County Jail.
Schedule a Visit
Onsite Visiting Hours
All onsite visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Inmates are allowed one free, 20-minute onsite visit per week.
Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday
7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
6:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
Offsite Visiting Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
3 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Visiting Dress Code and Rules
Any visit scheduled where the visitor does not appear for the visit will count as a scheduled visit. Bring your User ID, password and PIN with you. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your visit.
- No excessive showing of cleavage
- No showing of the mid-section
- No spaghetti strap shirts
- No high cut shorts
- No mini skirts
- No pants/shorts hanging below or to the middle of the buttocks
- No muscle shirts
- No jackets or hoods
- No head bands, head scarves, or hats
- No beach wear or transparent clothes
- Items that do not clear the metal detector are not allowed
- Only one layer of clothing allowed
- Visiting is by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled up to one week in advance, but no less than 24 hours in advance.
- Each inmate is permitted two visitors per session (must be 18 or older).
- All visitors must properly identify themselves and have a valid photo ID.
- Visitors arriving after the start of their scheduled session will not be allowed to visit.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted into the facility.
- Proper attire is required at all times. Shoes and shirts must be worn; suggestive clothing, see-through fabrics; halter or tube type tops; short shorts or skirts will not be permitted. Appropriate underclothing is required.
- No cell phones, keys or wallets allowed.
- All visitors are subject to search.
- Limited lockers are available to check coats and other items.
- All visits are monitored and are subject to recording.
- If a visitor leaves the visiting area they will not be permitted to re-enter.
- Hanging up the handset will terminate the visit.
- Loud talking, excessive emotionalism or any other disruptive behavior will not be permitted and your visit may be terminated.
- Visitors arriving more than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled visit will not be allowed to register until the 15 minutes prior to their scheduled visit.