Get the Parks Explorer App
Add the Parks Explorer app to your phone to find parks and trails near you. Here are a few of the things you can do in the app:
- Find parks near you and discover the amenities in those parks
- Check-in at park locations to earn digital badges
- See notifications for any closures
- See park news and events for specific parks
- Browse the latest park jobs
The Parks Explorer app lives on the web, which means it doesn’t need to be downloaded from the app store. It can viewed on a desktop or tablet, and installation on any smart phone is quick and easy:
- Visit mkecountyparks.com on your Apple or Android device
- When prompted to use current location, select Allow. This will enable the app to show parks closest to you and will activate the check-in features. (You'll need to ensure location services are enabled for Safari on an Apple device.)
- Next, you’ll see a prompt to Add to Home Screen. Follow the instructions here to bookmark the app on your phone.
- Click the icon. Scroll down and select Add to Home Screen. Click Add.
- The Park Explorer icon, featuring Milwaukee, will now be on your phone’s home screen.
Get the App