Apply for the sPark Matching Fund
Got a great project idea to improve Milwaukee County Parks amenities? Your proposal may qualify for a matching grant from the sPark fund, which was created to help ignite great ideas!
sPark is the new name for the Parks Amenity Matching Fund (PAMF). The fund was created to provide matching dollars for existing projects that enhance parks amenities and facilities. To be eligible for funding most projects must also complete the Community Project Requests process. Proposals are reviewed twice a year.
Spring Review Deadline: March 10, 2019
Fall Review Deadline: Aug. 10, 2019
Apply for sPark Funding
Who We Fund
Neighborhood groups, friend groups, community organizations, informal groups and business groups that want to manage a project to build stronger parks across Milwaukee County.
Applicants are encouraged to be open and inclusive and actively engage diverse community members. Applicants must show ability to adequately fund their proposal.
What We Fund
We fund a variety of unique and creative community park projects that strengthen community connections, reduce environmental impact, enhance or repair parks amenities or create economic benefits.
To be eligible for funding, a project must:
- Create improvements for an existing park facility or amenity
- Be open to all members of the public
- Be feasible and ready to begin within six months from the award date
- Demonstrate community match (at least 50% of sPark request)
- Occur on Milwaukee County Parks property
- Not have received sPark funding previously