sPARK Funding Not Appropriated in 2022 Budget
In conjunction with emerging partners, Milwaukee County Parks is evaluating funding possibilities and sPark program revisions to provide financial assistance to community projects.
Whom We Fund
Neighborhood groups, friend groups, community organizations, informal groups and business groups that want to manage a project to build stronger parks across Milwaukee County.
Applicants are encouraged to be open and inclusive and actively engage diverse community members. Applicants must show ability to adequately fund their proposal.
What We Fund
We fund a variety of unique and creative community park projects that strengthen community connections, reduce environmental impact, enhance or repair parks amenities or create economic benefits.
To be eligible for funding, a project must:
- Create improvements for an existing park facility or amenity
- Be open to all members of the public
- Be feasible and ready to begin within six months from the award date
- Demonstrate community match (at least 50% of sPARK request)
- Occur on Milwaukee County Parks property
- Not have received sPARK funding previously