#MKEthemost of March
Your quick guide to events and programs coming up in Milwaukee County Parks.
Gardens & Gears Steampunk Faire
Visit the gadget-filled garden party for a sci-fi twist to your day! Artists and craftsmen, with a vision of an alternate past, offer entertainment and merchandise inspired by technology, metal and the Victorian era. Get your Steampunk on!
March 2, at The Domes
Sample delicious soups made by West Allis area restaurants and, at the same time, help those in need! Buy a soup meal and a ceramic bowl or two, and proceeds go to local food pantries.
March 2, at the LaFollette Park Pavilion
MKE Power Hockey
See all the action of the Milwaukee Power, Milwaukee's newest hockey team! The team competes against other local junior teams in the NA3HL.
March 8 – 10, at Wilson Ice Arena
Get Details & Tickets!
Greater Milwaukee Golf Show
Stop at our booth to learn about our gift-card special, to renew your membership and more!
March 15 – 17, at State Fair Park
Get Details & Tickets!
Find inspiration in a wide selection of gently used books at the Garden-Book Sale at Boerner Botanical Gardens. All books are priced $5 and under!
March 15 & 16, at Boerner Botanical Gardens
Get Details & Register!
Adventures in Abstract
Abstract acrylic-on-canvas paintings by Jolie Collins will be on view at the Garden House through March 28.
Meet the Artist: March 16, at Boerner Botanical Gardens
Spring Equinox Celebration
Take the family for a day of guided sampling tours, astronomy, animals, music, demonstrations, Tai Chi, mini workshops and hands-on activities.
March 17, at The Domes & Annex
Train Show & All-Scale Exhibit
Honey, we shrunk Milwaukee! Miniature Milwaukee, the garden train show, features G-scale trains crisscrossing hundreds of feet of track and passing favorite Milwaukee landmarks.
Through April 7, at The Domes
Women’s Gymnastics State Championships
Watch some of the best young female gymnasts in the state compete in Women's Jr. Olympic Levels 6 – 10.
March 22 – 24, at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex
Wisconsin Bench Press & Deadlift Competition
Compete among the strongest men and women in the state or watch them! Awards and medals to top finishers.
March 23, at Kosciuszko Community Center
Get Details & Register to Compete!
Softball & Kickball League Signup Deadline: April 5
League Managers: Sign up your team and pay fees by the deadline. Free Agents: Contact the Organized Sports Office!
Signup: Monday – Friday, at Parks Administration
Winter Farmers Market
Shop local all winter with over 50 vendors selling local food, gifts and more. The Winter Farmers market is held Saturday mornings, through March 30, from 8 a.m. – noon, at the Mitchell Park Domes Annex.
Walks, Runs, Rides & Fitness
- Jig Jog 4K, March 2, Veterans Park
- St. Paddy's 5K, March 9, South Shore Park
- Great Milwaukee Pi Run, March 9, Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Lucky Leprechaun 7K, March 16, (start: Hart Park)
- Shamrock Beer Run, March 23, Veterans Park
- Yoga in the Park, Tuesdays, 7 – 8:15 a.m., Lake Park
- Walking in the Gym, Monday – Friday, 8 – 10 a.m., Kosciuszko Community Center
- Walking in the Gym, Monday – Friday & Saturday, 9 – 10 a.m., Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Open Gym & Fitness Walking, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Milwaukee County Sports Complex
- Open Skate, Wilson Ice Arena
- Water Exercise, Indoor Pools at Noyes and Pulaski-Milwaukee parks
- Duck Watch, March 2, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., meet east of Lincoln Memorial Dr. and north of Bradford Beach
- Free First Thursdays at The Domes, for Milwaukee County Residents with ID, March 7, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Potted Ivy Topiary, workshop, March 9, 10 a.m. – noon, Boerner Botanical Gardens Education & Visitor Center
- Lecture at the Lighthouse – Maritime History of the Irish Currach Boat, March 13, 7 – 8:30 p.m., North Point Lighthouse
- Spring Equinox, March 17, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., The Domes
- Art Exhibit at the Garden House, Jolie Collins, Adventures in Abstract, acrylic on canvas, through March, Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wehr Birders (Bird Hike), Sundays, 8 – 10 a.m., Wehr Nature Center
Especially for the Kids