Every year during Open Enrollment, retirees have the opportunity to adjust their benefit elections to suit their changing needs. This year’s open enrollment period and informational sessions will be held from Dec. 3 – 12, 2018. Milwaukee County benefit staff and representatives from the county’s medical, pharmacy and deferred compensation will be present to answer any questions.
- Open Enrollment is Dec. 3 – 12.
- New benefit elections take effect Jan. 1, 2019.
- No action required if you are not making any changes.
2019 Benefit Changes
The 2019 adopted budget made one major change to Milwaukee County’s benefits program:
- COBRA Eligible Retirees: Milwaukee County is moving to one dental plan. Effective January 1, 2019, COBRA eligible retirees will no longer have Dental Associates- Care Plus as an option. Delta Dental of Wisconsin will be on only available dental option. Dental Associates dentists are covered as In-Network dentists with Delta Dental of Wisconsin.
- Please Note: If you are currently enrolled in Care Plus, you will be automatically enrolled into Delta Dental of Wisconsin January 1, 2019.
Medicare Premium Reimbursements
If you satisfy the conditions shown in the table and we have a copy of your Medicare card, you may also be eligible for reimbursement of your Medicare B premiums. If you are eligible for this benefit, Milwaukee County will add a reimbursement of Medicare B premiums, including any income-related monthly adjustments, to your pension check. This reimbursement would also apply to Medicare B premiums for eligible covered spouses.
IRMAA-Income-Related Monthly Adjustment Amount
If your income is high enough that Social Security charges you more than the standard premium for Medicare Part B, an income-related monthly adjusted amount (IRMAA) will be determined by the IRS. For Milwaukee County to reimburse you for your IRMAA amount, you MUST send a copy of your IRMAA letter to the Benefits Division on upon receipt and on an annual basis.
Failure to send in a copy will result in non-reimbursement. Milwaukee County will not reimburse your past IRMAA reimbursements and only reimburse on a “going-forward” basis.
Medicare Part B Reimbursement Guidelines
|DC48, Building Trades, Machinists,TEAMCO