Section 8 Rent Assistance
MILWAUKEE COUNTY IS NOT ACCEPTING SECTION 8 APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
What is Section 8 Rent Assistance?
Section 8 is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This program is designed to help low income families and individuals with rent assistance for decent, safe and sanitary housing provided by private owners and rental agents.
Enrollment dates, locations, and times are listed below. The following information will be required for each household: Name, Date of Birth, Mailing Address, Social Security Number and if available, Phone Number. Full applications will be mailed at a later date.
Who is eligible to apply?
Housing assistance is available to US citizens, US nationals, or non-citizens that have eligible immigration status; “mixed families” will receive prorated assistance. You may enroll yourself and up to (2) two other households. All households must meet the income limits set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):
HOUSEHOLD SIZE / INCOME LIMITS
Section 8 Applicant Disqualifiers
If a member of your household meets one or more of the following criteria, you will be ineligible for
Milwaukee County’s Section 8 Voucher Program:
· Subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program.
· Convicted of drug-related criminal activity for the production or manufacture of methamphetamine.
· Engaged in the following criminal activities within the past 5 years: (Seriousness of offense, time since conviction/recent history and rehabilitation considered)
Drug related criminal activity, defined by HUD as the illegal manufacture, sale, distribution, or use of a drug, or the possession of a drug with intent to manufacture, sell, distribute or use the drug.
Violent criminal activity, defined by HUD as any criminal activity that has as one of its elements the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force substantial enough to cause, or be reasonably likely to cause, serious bodily injury or property damage.
· Evicted from federally assisted housing in the last 5 years.
· Terminated by Milwaukee County’s rent assistance program.
· Families over income (all household income is considered).
· Incomplete documentation or fraudulent information
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT WALNUT STREET LOCATION!
Table of Contents
Overview of Program and Plan
Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Applications, Waiting List and Tenant Selection
Briefings and Voucher Issuance
Income and Subsidy Determinations
Housing Quality Standards Rent Reasonableness
General Leasing Policies
Moving with Continued Assistance Portability
Termination of Assistance and Tenancy
Special Housing Types
Admin Plan Glossary