The county of Milwaukee is an amazing place! We have an abundance of natural assets, significant infrastructure, a number of corporate headquarters, a tradition of entrepreneurship, and a diverse and highly skilled workforce. We are located only 75 miles from Chicago, a hub of global economic activity. And we have 19 vibrant and diverse municipalities. By any measure, Milwaukee County is the economic driver of not only southeast Wisconsin but also the entire state of Wisconsin. Milwaukee County Economic Development is responsible for strengthening the county’s business environment and creating a more vibrant economy. Vision: To reposition Milwaukee County as a world class destination for firms seeking a competitive edge in the global economy of the 21st century. Mission: To create significant and sustainable value for the county of Milwaukee Wisconsin.
To grow the economy of Milwaukee County, the focus is on three interrelated strategies:
- Planning: Manage a comprehensive economic development planning process that clearly defines the County’s values, priorities and goals.
- Partnerships: Build networks and partnerships to expand the County’s capacity to connect residents to ideas, capital and opportunity.
- Projects and Programs: Develop projects and deliver program that provide significant and sustainable long term value for Milwaukee County.
Expected Outcomes for Milwaukee County Economic Development are:
- Workforce Development: A well-trained workforce ready to compete in the global economy of the 21st century.
- Job Creation: The creation of jobs in targeted cluster industries that pay family supporting wages.
- Business Growth: The retention, expansion and attraction of businesses in the emerging innovation-based economy of Milwaukee County.
- Expanding Tax Base: Develop projects and places that create value for Milwaukee County.