Being emotionally well is more than just handling stress. It also involves being attentive to your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, whether positive or negative.
Emotional wellness is closely connected to the other dimensions of wellness. In the most basic sense, it refers to your ability to handle emotions in a constructive way in order to enable you to maintain a positive emotional state.
Emotional Wellness helps a person achieve positive self-esteem, helping them satisfy relationships and providing resilience to meet life’s challenges.
Emotional Wellness implies the ability to:
- Be aware of and accept our feelings, rather than deny them
- Have an optimistic approach to live
- Express feelings freely and manage feelings effectively
- Express emotions appropriately
- Adjust to change
- Cope with stress in a healthy way
- Enjoy life despite its occasional disappointments and frustrations
There are many ways you can learn to improve your emotional wellness. Click the links below for more information.