The County wellness program is participation-based. If an employee chooses not to take part in the required steps, they will not receive the incentive. To earn the incentive an employee must complete a biometric health screening and a health risk assessment questionnaire. The incentive for the employee is up to a $50 medical insurance premium reduction. Covered spouses are welcomed to participate, but they are not required in order for the employee to earn the incentive. Deadline for completing all requirements is March 4th. We will be working with Froedtert Workforce Health to administer the health screening process. Questions regarding the health assessments can be directed to Workforce Health at 414-777-3446.
Health Assessment Information
In mid-December all employees received instructions in the mail from Workforce Health regarding the health assessment process and requirements. The documents Workforce Health mailed included a letter, registration instructions, and a calendar of onsite health assessment dates. All steps must be completed to be eligible for the medical insurance premium reduction. The health assessment steps are:
- Schedule your 2015 Health Assessment Session Online: You can schedule it at www.pickatime.com/mkecountyhra. If you cannot attend a health assessment session, you may contact Workforce Health regarding the process for submitting physician results. Health assessments are being offered at various County locations from January 5th to March 4th.
- Complete an Online Health Questionnaire: You are required to complete the online health questionnaire before your health assessment session. You can find the assessment here www.workforcehealth.org/milwaukeecounty. Your ID is 0045 plus your clock number and your password is healthy15.
- Attend a 30-minute FASTING Biometric Health Assessment: During your 30-minute health assessment you will review the results of your Health Risk Score. A letter confirming your Personal Health Risk Score will be mailed to you at the end of March 2015. Based on this score, you may be required to participate in quarterly coaching sessions in order to continue receiving your monthly medical insurance premium reduction. If you score 59 or below you will be required to work with a Workforce Health health coach once a quarter in order to keep receiving the incentive.
***Milwaukee County will not receive any information from Workforce Health that can be used to identify any individual employee’s health information. ***
Any employee covered by the medical premium rates defined in the Firefighters contract are eligible to participate in the wellness program, but will not be eligible for the monthly medical insurance premium reduction.
· Spouses and dependents are not required to participate in order to receive the incentive.
· For accurate results, please remember to fast for your biometric screening appointment. Nothing to eat or drink, except water, 10 to 12 hours prior to your appointment.
· Health coaching can be utilized by any employee regardless of their risk. It is a one-on-one interaction with a certified Health Coach who is there to help you achieve your health related goals, keep you accountable, and help you stay motivated. Nothing ever said with the health coach will be reported back to the County.
· The program is participation based. Therefore, if you set a goal during your health screening or in a coaching session and do not meet it you will not be penalized. As long as you are participating and meeting the requirements you will receive the incentive.
Other frequently asked questions can be answered here.
Important Health Coaching Information
Health coaching helps individuals prioritize what is important to them regarding their health and encourages goal setting to achieve an individual’s optimal health. All coaching is done telephonically with a certified Wellness Coach from Froedtert Workforce Health. Appointments are typically 15 minutes long and they offer evening and weekend hours.
Health Coaching is open to all employees, but those who scored 59 or lesson on their biometric screen must coach at least once a quarter in order to earn the wellness credit. All required coaching must be completed by the 15th of the last month of each quarter (June 15th, September 15th, and December 15th). To schedule a coaching appointment call Froedtert Workforce Health at 414-777-3446.