The County wellness program is participation-based. If an employee chooses not to take part in the required steps, they will not receive the incentive. To earn the incentive an employee must complete a biometric health screening and a health risk assessment questionnaire. The incentive for the employee is a monthly $50 medical insurance premium reduction. Covered spouses are welcomed to participate, but they are not required in order for the employee to earn the incentive. We will be working with Froedtert Workforce Health to administer the health screening process.
Biometric Health Screening Information
Employees and their spouses are welcome to take advantage of a health assessment at any time during the year. The employee will be eligible for the incentive in the next quarter if they complete the health assessment and online questionnaire. There are two options for completing the health assessment:
1. Schedule an appointment with your primary care physician for an annual physical.
2. Contact Froedtert Workforce Health at 414-777-3446 to obtain a physician results form. This form is for your doctor to fill out and record your biometrics, which will include a fasting lipid panel with glucose, blood pressure, height, weight, and waist circumference.
3. Your form will need to be faxed or mailed to Workforce Health by your physician. Once Workforce Health receives your copy they will confirm with you that they’ve received the form.
4. You will be asked by Workforce Health to schedule a telephonic appointment to review your results.
1. You may also go to Froedtert Workforce Health’s facility to receive your fasting biometric screening. They are located at W129 N7055 Northfield Drive Building A Menomonee Falls, WI 53051. To schedule an appointment call them at 414-777-3446.
As part of the biometric screening process you will review your results with one of Workforce Health’s health coaches. If you submit physician results you will do this telephonically with a health coach. If you go to their location you will do this immediately following the biometric screening. They will inform you of your health risk score.
· If you score 59 or below and fall into a high or very high risk level you will be required to work with one of Workforce Health’s health coaches at least once a quarter. Health coaching is typically a 15-minute telephone conversation about your health related goals and challenges.
· If you score above 60 and fall into an optimal, near optimal, or borderline risk category it is not necessary for you to participate in health coaching to receive the premium reduction, but you are welcome to do so anyway. If you fall into this category, you will be reported as “participating” regardless if you are actively working with a health coach.
Health Risk Assessment Questionnaire
The health assessment questionnaire can be accessed at http://www.workforcehealth.org/milwaukeecounty. The username here is an employee’s eligibility ID, which is 0045+clock number. The initial password is wellness, which will be changed after the first successful log in. The questionnaire asks questions about an individual’s health behaviors and takes about ten minutes to complete. It must be completed in order for an employee to receive the incentive.
The $50 wellness credit will be seen on the first paycheck on the quarter after an employee goes through one of the screening options.
***Milwaukee County will not receive any information from Workforce Health that can be used to identify any individual employee’s health information. ***
Any employee covered by the medical premium rates defined in the Deputy Sheriff’s or Firefighters contract is eligible to participate in the wellness program, but will not be eligible for the $50 monthly premium reduction.
· Spouses and dependents are not required to participate in order to receive the incentive.
· For accurate results, please remember to fast for your biometric screening appointment. Nothing to eat or drink, except water, 10 to 12 hours prior to your appointment.
· Health coaching can be utilized by any employee regardless of their risk. It is a one-on-one interaction with a certified Health Coach who is there to help you achieve your health related goals, keep you accountable, and help you stay motivated. Nothing ever said with the health coach will be reported back to the County.
· The program is participation based. Therefore, if you set a goal during your health screening or in a coaching session and do not meet it you will not be penalized. As long as you are participating and meeting the requirements you will receive the incentive.
Important Health Coaching Information
Health coaching helps individuals prioritize what is important to them regarding their health and encourages goal setting to achieve an individual’s optimal health. All coaching is done telephonically with a certified Wellness Coach from Froedtert Workforce Health. Appointments are typically 15 minutes long and they offer evening and weekend hours.
Health Coaching is open to all employees, but those who scored 59 or lesson on their biometric screen must coach at least once a quarter in order to earn the wellness credit. All required coaching must be completed by the 15th of the last month of each quarter (June 15th, September 15th, and December 15th). To schedule a coaching appointment call Froedtert Workforce Health at 414-777-3446.