Weddings at Boerner Botanical Gardens
I Ceremony Site Map I Ceremony Permit Application
You'll be surrounded by the beauty of the gardens when you select from the wedding sites at Boerner Botanical Gardens.
Boerner Botanical Gardens Ceremony Sites
9400 Boerner Drive, Hales Corners, WI 53130
Ceremony Site Map (pdf)
Whitnall Park Map (pdf)
- Annual Garden & Gazebo – Suited for groups of up to 30 persons or less.
- Rock Garden Vista – Suited for for groups of up to 200 persons or less.
- Rose Garden Overlook – Suited for groups of up to 80 persons or less.
*Not available after mid-October due to the installation of rose shelters.
- Shrub Mall – Suited for groups of up to 200 persons or less.
- Fragrance Garden Terrace – Suited for groups of up to 200 persons or less
*Only available with rental of Boerner Hall through Zilli Hospitality Group, (414) 525-5635
- None of these sites are completely private because the Gardens are open to the public.
All sites become less colorful after mid-October due to frost and winter preparation of the Gardens. Prior to June, few flowers are blooming in the sites.
- Although your permit does allow for a specific outdoor wedding site, it does not include indoor arrangements. It is strongly encouraged to reserve our Exhibit Room in the Garden House as an alternative in case of inclement weather.
Available: Spring–Fall, except during festival dates
Times: Permit times for ceremonies are available during the following 2 hour time periods
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. – 3: 00 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Accessibility: Access to sites is wheelchair-accessible; sites may be lawn areas.
Parking: Ample parking in lot
- Your site is available to you only during the time period of your permit(s).
- Dressing facilities are not available unless rented. The Garden House or Education & Visitor Center may be rented for this purpose or as an alternate ceremony site in case of inclement weather.
- Chairs must be rented from Boerner Botanical Gardens at least 2 weeks prior to your wedding date.
- No furnishings that require staking are allowed. Small structures may be used and weighted to stay in place. Rice, confetti, birdseed, and flower petals are not allowed.
Props must be approved 2 weeks prior to event.
- Low volume music/sound amplification is allowed at your site. Sound must be "contained" to your site as to not impose on other areas.
- Electrical hook-ups are available for an additional fee. There is no electrical hook-up available in site #2, The Rock Garden Vista.
- Alcohol will be allowed at the site with an Alcohol Permit
- Please refrain from horn-honking in the vicinity of the Gardens
Advance Booking: Book your event up to 12 months in advance and pay the current year's rate.
Booked in 2016 BBG Wedding (non-taxable)
Note: the Wedding Permit includes admission to the gardens and photography within the wedding site for a 2-hour period.
If additional time is needed for photographs in the Gardens, a BBG Photo Permit must be purchased.
- 2-hour period for 1-50 people $400
- 2-hour period for 51-100 people $550
- 2-hour period for 101-150 people $725
- 2-hour period for 151-200 people $925
- Each add'l 50 people $200
Additional Hours may be available for photography with a BBG Photo Permit. Contact BBG for availability.
Wedding Photos ONLY
If you are interested in using the Boerner Botanical Gardens for your wedding photos only, see the Photography page for more information.
For additional information, call (414) 525-5601 or email Boerner Botanical Gardens
Boerner Botanical Gardens
9400 Boerner Drive., Hales Corners, WI 53130