Weddings at The Domes
Your Wedding Ceremony in the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory
No matter what the time of year, you'll be surrounded by the beauty of live plants and flowers when you select the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory for your wedding site.
- Floral Show Dome – Themes of shows are subject to change
- Tropical Dome – A lush environment, complete with waterfall
- Desert Dome – A light-filled landscape with the sculptural forms of succulents
- During normal operating hours, none of these sites is completely private, because the domes are open to the public.
- Private after-hour rentals are available.
- The plant areas of the domes are not air-conditioned and can get very warm in summer.
Available: Year round during normal operating hours except on days when special events are scheduled.
(Private after-hour rentals are also available.)
Time Period per Ceremony Permit: two hours
Accessibility: Handicap accessible
- Your site is available to you only during the time period of your permit. You must complete both your ceremony and photos during the two-hour ceremony permit time.
- Extra furnishings such as folding chairs (except for the elderly or guests with disabilities) are not permitted
- Arbors, floral displays, or other props are not permitted
- Electrical hook-up, generators, or amplified music is not permitted
- Alcohol is not permitted
Parking: Ample parking in lot
Advance Booking: Up to 3 years in advance. (pay the current year's permit rate)
Facility Tour for Rental Clients: To discuss renting the Conservatory for your event, schedule an appointment for a Facility Tour by calling (262) 547-9447.
2014 Daytime Wedding Ceremony-only Permit Rate (non-taxable):
$375 plus Admission per person
2014 Wedding Reception Permit- See information on Conservatory Rentals
Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)
524 S. Layton Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53215