The Milwaukee County Jail visitor reception desk is located on the lower level of the Criminal Justice Facility, 949 N. 9th Street. The Jail encourages inmates to maintain ties with their families and the community through visits with family, friends, attorneys and other professionals.
The Milwaukee County Jail video visiting allows for both On-Site visits and Off-Site visits via video. On-Site visits are free. Off-site visits are $.65 per minute plus $1.00 service fee. The account is set up through Pay Pal.
Please note that you must register on HomeWav in order to use the video visiting system. On-Site Visits through HomeWav are FREE, you only need to pay for HomeWav if you are Off-Site Visiting.
To register as a visitor go to:
You are required to register on Renovo for On-Site Visits:
Please click here to schedule an on-site visit
Off-Site Visiting Hours
Visiting Days: MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY
7:30 A.M.-2 P.M. and 3 P.M. - 8:30 P.M..
On-Site Visiting Hours
Visiting Days: TUESDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
7:30 A.M.-2 P.M. and 3 P.M. - 8:30 P.M..
All visits are monitored and recorded.
Personal recording of visits is strictly prohibited and will result in the loss of ALL visiting privileges to any inmate in the Milwaukee County Jail, indefinitely.
Visitors violating any court order will be permanently prohibited from visiting any inmate at the Milwaukee County Jail.
Inmates in disciplinary housing may not have family/ friend visitors.
Visitors may visit from the convenience of their home or other personal space using any computer, laptop, notebook or smart phone. The vendor has a free app for Android and iPhones. The system is web based and visitors can register and visit by going to www.homewav.com. Visiting off-site allows family and friends to bring their incarcerated loved one with them to family functions, on vacation, as well as in the convenience of your own home.
- Personal recording of visits in not allowed and will be result in the loss of visiting privileges
- Visitors must be clothed. Under garments and swimsuits are not considered clothing
- Visitors shall not wear revealing clothing
- Buttocks, genitalia, breasts or cleavage shall not be exposed
- Visitors shall not display lewd and lascivious behavior
- Violation of the rules of conduct will result in the revocation of visiting privileges for an indeterminate amount of time
- Live monitored visits will be disconnected if the restrictions are violated
VISITING DRESS CODE
- NO EXCESSIVE SHOWING OF CLEAVAGE
- NO SHOWING OF THE MID-SECTION
- NO SPAGHETTI STRING SHIRTS ALLOWED
- NO HIGH CUT SHORTS OR SKIRTS/DRESSES
- NO PANTS/SHORTS HANGING BELOW OR TO MIDDLE OF BUTTOCKS
- NO MUSCLE SHIRTS
- NO JACKETS OR HOODS
- NO HEAD BANDS, HEAD SCARVES OR HATS
- NO BEACH WEAR OR TRANSPARENT CLOTHES
- ITEMS THAT DO NOT CLEAR THE METAL DETECTOR ARE NOT ALLOWED
- ONLY ONE LAYER OF CLOTHING ALLOWED
- Visiting is by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled up to one week in advance, but no less than 24 hours in advance.
- Each inmate is permitted 2 visitors per session (must be 18 years or older).
- All visitors must properly identify themselves and have a valid photo ID.
- Visitors arriving after the start of their scheduled session will not be allowed to visit.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted into the facility.
- Proper attire is required at all times. Shoes and shirts must be worn; suggestive clothing, see-through fabrics; halter or tube type tops; short shorts or skirts will not be permitted. Appropriate underclothing is required.
- No cell phones, keys or wallets allowed
- All visitors are subject to search
- Limited lockers are available to check coats and other items
- All visits are monitored and are subject to recording
- If a visitor leaves the visiting area they will not be permitted to re-enter
- Hanging up the handset will terminate the visit
- Loud talking, excessive emotionalism or any other disruptive behavior will not be permitted and your visit may be terminated
- Visitors arriving more than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled visit will not be allowed to register until the 15 minutes prior to their scheduled visit.
In order to visit on-site you must be registered at www.homewav.com. If you have completed your registration at www.homewav.com click on the words SCHEDULE A VISIT below.
SCHEDULE A VISIT