Tuition Loan Program
TUITION LOAN FUND PROGRAM
County employees who have regular appointments to regular, full-time positions and who have passed their probationary period may, subject to approval by the Division of Human Resources-Workforce Development Division, receive interest free college tuition loans from $100 to $1,500 per semester. The loans are to be repaid through payroll deductions over a maximum of ten bi-weekly periods. Tuition loans must be repaid in full before a new loan is secured. Requirements are listed below:
- Course must be taken on employee's own time;
- Certain courses will not be approved for tuition loan including, but not limited to, sports, fitness, and recreation classes;
- Loans will be made for tuition only and can not be applied to books, fees, past balances, etc.;
- Only courses at colleges and vocational schools as well as correspondence courses and workshops related to County work may be approved;
- Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received and to the extent funds are available. Courses available through in-service training programs will not be approved;
- Application forms and the completed promissory note must be received by the Workforce Development Division prior to the class start date;
- Tuition Fee Statements must be submitted in order for the application to be processed;
- For complete information, contact the Milwaukee County Division of Human Resources-Workforce Development Division, Room 210-Courthouse at 278-4337.
- Completed application, promissory note, & tuition statement can be faxed to 414.223.1379; attention to Tuition Loan Program.
Applications are available at the following locations:
Milwaukee County is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is actively seeking qualified applicants for various positions throughout County government. Milwaukee County does not discriminate based on age, ancestry/national origin, arrest/conviction record, color, creed, disability, marital status, military membership, race, sex or sexual orientation.
If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-4143.