Milwaukee County Department on Aging offers a specialized transportation program for eligible older adults

Advanced-scheduled, door-to-door transportation is available for:

  • Medical or Dental Appointments 
  • Approved Senior Dining Sites
  • Grocery Shopping



Riders must:

  • Be a resident of Milwaukee County
  • Age 60 or older
  • Able to walk but unable to drive
  • Have difficulty using public transit
  • Not be currently eligible for Transit Plus, Milwaukee County's para transit service for persons with disabilities
  • Show their "Rider" I.D. card when using transportation services


How to Apply
To apply for a transportation I.D. Card, determine eligibility, and/or to obtain additional information about this program or other tranportation services for older adults, please call the Aging Resource Center of Milwaukee County at (414)-289-6874 from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday 


Ride Information

  • Rides are provided within Milwaukee County, Monday through Friday generally from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding major holidays.
  • Please present your Transportation I.D. Card when boarding the vehicle. 
  • Rides must be reserved 1 week in advance for individual rides; 2 to 3 days in advance for group rides. 

 A group is defined as:

(1) a number of seniors being picked up from the same apartment or apartment complex for grocery shopping

(2) a number seniors being picked up and going to the same nutrition site/senior center.

  • Drivers assist passengers in boarding and leaving vehicles, aid in fastening seatbelts, escort passengers door-to-door, and carry shopping bags.



  • A co-payment of $3.00 is required each way for rides to medical and/or dental appointments.
  • Contributions are accepted for other rides. 
  • Tipping is unnecessary.


How to Schedule a Ride

  • Call TRANSIT EXPRESS, Inc. at (414) 264-7433. 
  • A brief recorded message will be heard. 
  • Press "4" during the message to reach the operator who will assist you in scheduling your ride. 
  • If you have a rotary phone, stay on the line; someone will assist you after the recorded message ends.


Alternative Transportation Options

  • If you have a physical, cognitiv or sensory disability which functionally prevents you from using the Milwaukee County fixed route bus system, you should call Transit Plus at (414) 343-1700.
  • If you are enrolled in a Medicaid HMO or MCO call your provider to arrange for medical trips.
  • If you have a Medical Assistance - Title 19 card (Forward Card) and your physician approves the ride, Medical Assistance (Title 19) may cover the cost of your medical trips. 
  • To schedule a ride to United Community Center's Adult Day Center, Senior Dining Program, or Senior Center, call United Community Center at (414) 384-2301.


This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System