The Milwaukee County Department on Aging offers a specialized
transportation program for eligible older adults.
Advanced-scheduled, door-to-door transportation is available for:
- Medical or Dental Appointments
- Approved Senior Dining Sites
- Grocery Shopping
- Be a resident of Milwaukee County
- Be 60 years-of-age or older
- Be able to walk, but unable to drive
- Have difficulty using public transit
- Not be currently eligible for Transit Plus, Milwaukee County's para transit service for persons with disabilities
- Show their "Rider" I.D. card when using transportation services
How to Apply
To apply for a Transportation I.D. Card, determine eligibility or to obtain additional information
about this program or other transportation services for older adults, please call:
Aging Resource Center of Milwaukee County
7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
- Rides are provided within Milwaukee County
- Monday - Friday from 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (excluding major holidays).
- Please present your Transportation I.D. Card when boarding the vehicle.
- Rides must be reserved 1 week in advance for individual rides; 2 to 3 days in advance for group rides.
A group is defined as:
(1) a number of seniors being picked up from the same apartment or apartment complex for grocery shopping
(2) a number seniors being picked up and going to the same dining site/senior center.
- Drivers assist passengers in boarding and leaving vehicles, aid in fastening seatbelts, escort passengers door-to-door, and carry shopping bags.
- A co-payment of $3.00 is required each way for rides to medical and/or dental appointments.
- Contributions are accepted for other rides.
- Tipping is unnecessary.
How to Schedule a Ride
- Call TRANSIT EXPRESS, Inc. at (414) 264-7433.
- A brief recorded message will be heard.
- Press "4" during the message to reach the operator who will assist you in scheduling your ride.
- If you have a rotary phone, stay on the line; someone will assist you after the recorded message ends.
Alternative Transportation Options
- If you have a physical, cognitive or sensory disability which functionally prevents you from using the Milwaukee County fixed route bus system, you should call Transit Plus at (414) 343-1700.
- If you are enrolled in a Medicaid HMO or MCO call your provider to arrange for medical trips.
- If you have a Medical Assistance - Title 19 card (Forward Card) and your physician approves the ride, Medical Assistance (Title 19) may cover the cost of your medical trips.
- To schedule a ride to United Community Center's Adult Day Center, UCC Senior Dining or UCC Senior Center, call United Community Center at (414) 384-2301.