Trail Etiquette & Safety
Etiquette & safety on the Alpha Mountain-Bike Trail is based on the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) Rules of the Trail.
Safety & Security Concerns
- Ride on designated open trails only; respect trail closures.
- Follow the trail's directional signs.
- Leave no trace. Practice low-impact cycling. Do not ride on trails during or after heavy rains. Do not create your own trails – respect native plants. Pack out what you pack in.
- Control you bicycle! Know your riding ability.
- Slow down when approaching or passing another biker, give a friendly warning, and pass safely. Be cautious of corners and blind spots.
- Do not disturb wildlife. Give animals extra room.
- Wear a helmet and appropriate safety gear.
- Pack necessary supplies such as water and a first aid kit.
If you have any safety or security concerns about any part of the trail, call the Trails Coordinator at (414) 257-4782. For trail conditions or for details, contact the Metro Mountain Bikers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Milwaukee County Parks
9480 Watertown Plank Road, Wauwatosa, WI 53226