Gather your family and friends for a fun day of sledding (when weather conditions permit).
Some of the hills are lit for nighttime enjoyment. Be sure to use caution and follow basic sledding safety guidelines.
Day-time Sledding Hills (weather permitting)
- Brown Deer,7835 N. Green Bay Rd.
- Columbus, 7301 W. Courtland Ave.
- Currie, 3535 N. Mayfair Rd.
- Greene, 4235 S. Lipton Ave.
- Hales Corners, 5765 S. New Berlin Rd.
- Humboldt, 3000 S. Howell Ave.
- LaFollette, 9418 W. Washington St.
- McCarty, 8214 W. Cleveland Ave.
- McGovern, 5400 N. 51 St.
- Pulaski (Milwaukee), 2677 S. 16 St.
- Wilson Recreation, 4001 S 20 St.
- Whitnall, 5879 S. 92 St.
Enjoy Concessions in the Whitnall Clubhouse
Lighted Sledding Hills for night-time fun (weather permitting)
Lighted Daily, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons recommends the following safety guidelines:
Essential Safety Guidelines
- Sled only in designated areas free of fixed objects such as trees, posts, and fences.
- Children in these areas must be supervised by parents or adults.
- All participants must sit in a forward-facing position, steering with their feet or a rope tied to the steering handles of the sled. No one should sled head-first down a slope.
- Do not sled on slopes that end in a street, drop off, parking lot, river or pond.
Preferred Safety Guidelines
- Children under 12 years old should sled wearing a helmet
- Wear layers of clothing for protection from injuries.
- Do not sit/slide on plastic sheets or other materials that can be pierced by objects on the ground.
- Use a sled with runners and a steering mechanism, which is safer than toboggans or snow disks.
- Sled in well-lighted areas when choosing evening activities.
For details, go to the website of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. With this link you will leave the Milwaukee County Parks site. The AAOS site will appear in a new browser window. To returnto this page, simply close the AAOS window.
For great winter fun, bring your family and friends to speed down the toboggan run at Whitnall Park's Winter Sports Area! The toboggan run features an exhilarating iced track and toboggans with metal runners.
To build the iced track, we require several weeks of temperatures below 20F.
NOT AVAILABLE WINTER 2012-13
Toboggan Slide (weather permitting)
Located at: 6740 S. 92nd Street in Whitnall Park's Winter Sports Area (northeast of the golf course) See map
Hours: NOT AVAILABLE WINTER 2012-13
Fri, 4-8 p.m.
Sat., noon-8 p.m.
Sun., noon-6 p.m.
2012-13 Season Toboggan Rental (price listed includes sales tax)
Unlimited rides $7 per toboggan per hour