Mitchell Park Domes Information
Frequently Asked Questions About the Domes
District 17 Domes Survey Results
- July 15, 2015: County Board adopts File No. 15-526 to reinvest budget surplus funds from previous fiscal year - $4 million towards park infrastructure improvements
- September 15, 2015: DPRC Director submitted a list of $4 million in infrastructure projects, which included the Mitchell Park Conservatory Domes in the amount of $500,000
- September 24, 2015: DPRC project list approved in File No. 15-601
- February 5, 2016: Administration closes all three domes indefinitely due to fallen concrete debris from the structure.
- February 24, 2016: Public Hearing was held by the County Board to determine the future of the Domes and listen to County residents concerned about the closure.
- April 29, 2016: Show Dome reopened two days ahead of schedule
- September 24, 2016: Tropical Dome reopened
- October 29, 2016: Arid Dome reopened ahead of schedule.
- December 1, 2016: Domes Grand Reopening Celebration held
Domes in the News
Domes Task Force Meeting