Tony Staskunas was elected to the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors on April 2, 2013. He serves as Vice Chair of the Intergovernmental Relations Committee and serves as a member of the Judiciary, Safety and General Services and Parks, Energy and Environment Committees.
Tony is a graduate of West Allis Nathan Hale H.S; cum laude UW-Milwaukee (Phi Beta Kappa) 1983; and J.D. UW-Madison 1986. Prior to his election to the board, he was elected to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 1996, serving most notably as the Speaker Pro Tempore in 2009-2011 and the Minority Caucus Chair from 2007-2009. He also served as West Allis Alderman from 1988-1997.
Throughout his time in public service, Tony has received many awards and honors including:
- West Allis/West Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce Community Partnership Award
- Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters Conservation Champion
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving-Public Policy Recognition Award
- Wisconsin PTA Friend of Education Award
- Independent Business Assn. of Wisconsin Freshman of the Session Award
- Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce Working For Wisconsin Award
- Volunteer Lawyers Project Outstanding Pro Bono Participation Award
Tony has also been an active member in the Milwaukee County community by serving on the Wisconsin State Fair Park Board from 2000-2012. Prior to that, from 1999-2006, he was a board member for the West/West Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce and a founding member of the West Allis/West Milwaukee Community Alliance Against Drugs. Along with being a public servant, Tony is a practicing attorney with his office in West Allis.
Tony resides with his wife and three children in West Allis.