Sign Language Interpreting

Bookmark and Share 


As a service to persons who are deaf, deaf-blind, hard-of-hearing and the hearing population of Milwaukee County, access to sign language interpretation and assistive listening equipment for utilization within Milwaukee County government services, programs, and activities, with the exception of the Milwaukee County Courts (see below for more information on scheduling interpreters for the courts) are coordinated through the Milwaukee County Office for Persons with Disabilities. Members of the community may obtain this service by contacting the Milwaukee County department, division, office, and / or county employee and ask them to arrange for this accommodation for you.


Milwaukee County employees can arrange for a sign language interpreter by completing and submitting the on-line Sign Language Interpreter Request form. If the sign language interpreter need is an emergency, please call the emergency cell phone number (414) 651-8109.


Milwaukee County employees can arrange for the use of an assistive listening device by contacting the office at 414-278-3932.


Sign Language Interpreter Request Form

414-278-3930 (Voice)

414-278-3939 (Fax)

414-651-8109 (Emergency Cell Phone)

711 (TRS)

E-mail: Tim Ochnikowski


PLEASE NOTE: If you are in need of a sign language interpreter for the Milwaukee County Courts or the City of Milwaukee, please contact the following individuals.


Milwaukee County Courts

Jackie Thachenkary


E-mail: Jackie Thachenkary


City of Milwaukee

Jim Owczarski



This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System