Sales / Vendor Permit
Sales Concessions / Vendor Permits
To sell food and beverage, retail, recreational, service-oriented concession or to exchange any money on Milwaukee County Parks property, you must have a Sales Concessions / Vendor Permit issued by the Parks Dept.
You will need to complete and file a Vendor Permit Application with the Special Events Office. Your application will be processed, reviewed, and recommendations will be made to the Parks Director. You will be notified of your application status within 2 weeks.
If your application is approved, upon payment, you will receive your permit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the fees to obtain a Vendor Permit?
- Base Fee – All permit fees will have a fee associated with each location. The amount varies depending upon locatrion.
- Operational Expenses – This includes costs of services provided by the Parks Dept. such as utilites, trash removal, water, etc.
- Concession Facility Expense – If applicable, you must purchase your own concession facility
- Additional Expenses – Other costs may include general maintenance, reparis, signage, landscape restoration, cleanup, etc.
- What type of insurance is required?
- Depending on your business, you may be required to submit a "Certificate of Insurance" showing $1,000,000 worth of general liability coverage and naming Milwaukee County as an "additional insured." If the Parks Dept. requires you to have this insurance, your permit will not be issued until the "Certificate of Insurance" has been received.
- What if the location at which I want to sell or perform services is not available?
- The Parks Dept. will entertain any other locations you propose; however, any proposal is subject to review and Parks Dept. approval.
- I have a license from the City of Milwaukee. Can I use it in the Park?
- No. The license issued by the City is for City property only. The Parks Dept. issues Vendor Permits for Parks property, which includes, parks, parkways, beaches, and lakefront property. If you are selling on Parks property without a Vendor Permit, you may be subject to a fine and confiscation of your products or equipment.
To Receive a Vendor Permit Application
For more information or to have a permit emailed or mailed to you, please call (414) 257-4503 or email Special Events.
Milwaukee County Parks Special Events
9480 Watertown Plank Road, Wauwatosa, WI 53226