Friday, Oct. 12, 2012, 6–9 p.m.
6-6:45 p.m. Kohl's Wild Theater
6:45-7 p.m. Hawaiian Food Demonstration
7-9 p.m. Honolulu Millionaires & Lady Poi performance and hula lessons
8-9 p.m. Carnivorous Plants in Action
8 pm & 9 pm Light Show
Tours begin at 6:30 p.m. The last tour begins at 8:30 p.m.
For kids from 2-92!
See scenes from Rainforest Night 2010
Explore our "Tropical Rainforest" guided by only the glow of your flashlight and Tiki torches! You'll have fun as you learn about the fascinating world of the rainforest and our dependence on it.
- Sample tasty products of the tropics, such as exotic fruits and juices, and CHOCOLATE!
- Meet, up-close-and-personal, exotic birds, insects, and reptiles.
- Have your arm or face painted with the image of a tropical plant or animal. ($1 fee)
- Experience Kohl's Wild Theater as it takes to the stage with song, dance, puppetry and drama. The family-friendly interactive program promotes conservation of wildlife and animal habitats.
- Watch chefs, David Lau and Guy Roeseler, prepare Hawaiian food. Food by Ono Kine Grindz will be available for purchase.
- Listen to the music of the Honolulu Millionaires and watch Lady Poi dance the hula.
- In the Education Center, see carnivorous plants in action and make your own Venus Fly Trap craft to take home.
- Learn about fair-trade products and shop our cultural market for a hand-made souvenir. Local Filipino, Thai, and Hawaiian groups will have hand-crafted items for sale, and Four Corners of the World will have fair trade items from Columbia, Costa Rica, The Philippines, Vietnam, Korea, Laos, Peru, and Thailand.
- The Arid and Floral Show domes will also be open for your exploration.
- See a dazzling light show in the Floral Show Dome!
Regular Admission Rates Apply
Volunteer and receive FREE Admission!
Volunteers receive free admission. For information on volunteering, call (414) 257-5611.
Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)
524 S. Layton Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53215