Milwaukee County Jail - Inmate Mail Information
Inmates may receive letters, non-polaroid photographs and cashier's checks or money orders through the mail. (NO cash).
949 N. 9th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
1. All incoming mail sent to the Milwaukee County Jail must be delivered by UPS, Federal Express (FedEx) or the United States Postal Service (USPS). The mail must have a name and address on the envelope in the return address area of the envelope. Any envelope that does not contain the name of the sender shall be refused.
2. All incoming mail shall be scanned for contraband prior to delivery.
3. All incoming mail shall be opened and inspected, in the presence of the inmate, prior to delivery.
4. Envelopes shall contain ONLY letters, drawings or tasteful pictures. Any pictures sent that are deemed inappropriate shall be considered contraband and will be destroyed. No musical greeting cards are allowed.
5. Magazines and Newspapers will be delivered only through subscription services directly from a company.
- Note: the following magazines are considered contraband and shall be refused delivery: Playboy, Penthouse, Maxim and any weapons magazines
6. Books must be mailed from the following APPROVED PUBLISHERS ONLY:
- Penguin Random House - may be ordered by phone at 1-800-793-2665 - available titles may be seen on their website at www.penguinrandomhouse.com
- Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC - available titles may be seen on their website at www.tatepublishing.com
7. No packages shall be accepted from on-line shopping stores, such as "shipapackage.net". No packages shall be accepted from Amazon, E-Bay, Barnes & Noble or Books-a-Million, etc.
8. Any mailed items received at the Milwaukee County Jail after an inmate has been released shall be “returned to sender”.