General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is a medium-hub airport owned and operated by Milwaukee County. Mitchell's 14 airlines offer roughly 230 daily departures (plus 230 daily arrivals). Approximately 90 cities are served nonstop or direct from Mitchell International. It is the largest airport in Wisconsin. Please note that the airport's terminal building is open 24 hours per day, however, airline ticket counters are not open 24 hours. Please check the Terminal Guide link for ticket counter hours.
NEWS: Click here or use the Milwaukee Links button on the left to check traffic status near the airport.
Passengers are required to have a boarding pass to get through security checkpoints. Check with your airline to find out its recommended procedure for obtaining boarding passes.
1) All airlines issue boarding passes from their ticket counter location.
2) Some airlines allow passengers to print a boarding pass from an internet site using a home computer.
3) Some airlines issue boarding passes at curbside check-in.
4) Some airlines have self-service machines in the airport that will print out boarding passes.
5) Midwest Airlines issues boarding passes near the entrance to Concourse D.
Passengers age 18 and over should keep their current, valid, government-issued photo ID (such as a drivers license or passport) out and available until they board the plane.
PACKING: Place food, beverages and film in your CARRY-ON bag. Place sharp objects in your CHECKED-IN bag. Do not lock your CHECKED-IN bag OR you may use a TSA approved lock, available at many retailers. Place personal items in a clear plastic bag. Do not wrap gifts that will be placed in either your carry-on or checked bag. For more tips, go to www.TSATravelTips.us.
General Mitchell International Airport
5300 South Howell Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Telephone: (414) - 747 - 5300
Email: Mitchell Airport