Parks Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Milwaukee County Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture, which
represents what we do best as an organization and what we believe, will continue to define us
five years from now and is:
To sustain the legacy of our world-class park system by managing and conserving natural, cultural, and recreational resources for the benefit of the community.
The vision expresses what our department looks like when our strategies and actions are implemented to achieve full potential and is:
To inspire passion for parks as a part of people’s lives, encouraging participation, learning, and stewardship.
Our values, which demonstrate our beliefs, are:
- Our Committed Stewardship: We value our leadership in the stewardship of Milwaukee County’s rich natural and cultural resources.
- Our Strong Community: We value and embrace the diversity of our community and the social interaction that occurs within our green spaces; we value our volunteers, friends, advocates, and partners who work tirelessly and collaboratively to strengthen our park system.
- Our Quality: We value our high standards for service delivery that distinguish us in the park and recreation industry.
- Our Parks: We value the product that is our park system as a unique, safe, clean, and accessible space that provides opportunities and experiences to the public.
- Our Dedicated Workforce: We value and support our quality workforce by fostering a positive work environment through learning and growth.