County Board Internship Program
Interning at the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors will give students interested in public policy a unique introduction to local government. Interns will be exposed to the inner workings of the legislative process as it pertains to Milwaukee County. Under
direct supervision of current public servants, interns will play an integral part in the daily functions of the Board.
Online Internship Program Application (web form)
Internship Program Application (PDF)
Students must submit a complete application, include resume
and statement of interest concerning local government.
Intern tasks include, but are not limited to:
Internships are available for three sessions:
- Helping County Supervisors and staff with various projects related to public policy
- Attending committee hearings on behalf of the Board
- Representing the Board at various events throughout the County
- Assisting County Supervisors with constituent services
- Spring: January through May 2016 (Deadline: November 15, 2016)
- Summer: June through August 2016 (Deadline February 24, 2017)
- Fall: September through December 2016 (Deadline TBA)
We encourage students with a passion for local government to apply for this opportunity. All majors are welcome, but preference will be given to those studying Political Science. A minimum, cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required to apply.
The completed application, along with supplements, can be submitted to Intern Coordinator, Kimberly Hadinata by:
Kimberly Hadinata, Intern Coordinator
901 North 9th Street, Rm. 201
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Please note: All mailed applications must be received in office by the due date listed. Please contact Intern Coordinator Kimberly Hadinata with any questions at email@example.com or call 414-278-4994.
MILWAUKEE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Milwaukee County Courthouse
901 North 9th Street, RM 201 • Milwaukee, WI 53233
Phone: 414-278-4222 • Fax: 414-223-1380