DISCLAIMER - READ BEFORE LAUNCHING VIEWER
The maps and information provided by the Milwaukee County Land Information Office's Interactive Mapping Service are not legal instruments and are to be used for reference purposes only, not as a substitute for legally recorded maps, surveys, or other documents. Acreages and dimensions of lands abutting waterways may fluctuate due to erosion and other natural phenomena. Milwaukee County assumes no liability for any damages or loss whatsoever resulting from the use or misuse of the maps and information offered through this service. The maps and information provided here have been compiled from various state, county, municipal, and private sources, and are maintained by their sources for a wide variety of purposes. Therefore, Milwaukee County cannot guarantee the quality, content, accuracy, completeness, or currency of the information transmitted by this service, and provides such information without expressed or implied warranties, subject to the terms and conditions stated in this Disclaimer. While Milwaukee County makes every attempt to provide accurate, complete, and up-to-date information, it shall not be held responsible for any discrepancies contained herein. If discrepancies are found, please contact the MCAMLIS Project Manager via the "Submit Feedback" link located at the top of this page. Milwaukee County reserves the right to change any content offered through this service without prior notice. Milwaukee County does not warrant that this service will be uninterrupted. Use of the Interactive Mapping Service constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions in this Disclaimer.
For best results, the Interactive Mapping Service should be viewed with Internet Explorer 8 & 9 (or 10 with Compatibility View) or Firefox 3 & 4 at a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768. More information on browser compatibility or technical issues can be found here.
Milwaukee County Land Information, GIS, & Interactive Mapping News
May 9, 2013
2013 AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY UPDATE
In 2012, unusually warm weather caused the collection of new aerial photos to be postponed until this spring. Thankfully, favorable weather in recent weeks have allowed the 2013 Aerial Photography flights to be completed. Fifty percent of the images were captured between April 15 and April 17, and the rest were collected the week of the 22nd to the 28th.
The new 4 inch ortho (an upgrade from the previous 6 inch) and oblique photos will provide excellent clarity across the entire county and increase the utility of this data for users. Samples of the new air photos are available through these links: Ortho 1, Ortho 2, Ortho 3, Oblique 1, Oblique 2, Oblique 3, Oblique 4, and Oblique 5.
Updates will be posted as the air photos are processed and integrated into the Interactive Web Mapping site.
May 1, 2013
Milwaukee County property foreclosure data has been updated to include information added through the first quarter of 2013. The Foreclosure layer in the Administrative Group Layer shows foreclosed parcels that have sold in the last four quarters (April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013). Two maps summarizing foreclosure data by a) purchaser and b) assessed value vs. sale price may be viewed by following the "Community Interest" links under the "Land Records" tab at the top of the home page. SharePoint users may access a compressed folder that includes a shapefile of parcels foreclosed over the past four quarters, a spreadsheet of all parcels scheduled for Sheriff's sale from 1/1/07 through 3/31/13, and metadata. After logging in to SharePoint, go to Documents > Shared Files > Data > MCLIO > Sheriffs Sale Foreclosure Data.
April 26, 2013
BROWSER SUPPORT FOR INTERACTIVE MAPPING WEBSITE
Due to recent internet browser updates, some users may have experienced technical issues with the Interactive Mapping Service Website. For best results, please use an internet browser with these requirements:
Minimum: Internet Explorer 7, Mozilla Firefox 3
Recommended: Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Mozilla Firefox 4
Using a different browser or version may cause unexpected errors. Users who have upgraded to Internet Explorer 10, or who have it by default in Windows 8, are encouraged to use Compatibility View. More information on browser compatibility and technical issues can be found here.
January 9, 2013
1951 AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT COMPLETE
The Milwaukee County Land Information Office's 1951 aerial photography rectification project has been completed. Currently, all 509 tiles have been processed and are available for viewing via the Interactive Map Service. To view the images, turn on the Aerial Image group layer, turn off the current image layer, expand the "More Imagery" group under the "Aerial Photos" group layer in the Interactive Mapping Service's Layer List, and turn on the "Aerial Photo 1951" layer. Some of the image tiles were collected in 1952, and replaced the original 1951 images. The LIO is investigating a process to restore all of the 1951 images and provide the 1952 separately. To view the collection dates of the image tiles as of now, click here.
December 31, 2012
Milwaukee County property foreclosure data has been updated to include information added through the fourth quarter of 2012. The Foreclosure layer in the Administrative Group Layer shows foreclosed parcels that have sold in the last four quarters (January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012). Two maps summarizing foreclosure data by a) purchaser and b) assessed value vs. sale price may be viewed by following the "Community Interest" links under the "Land Records" tab at the top of the home page. SharePoint users may access a compressed folder that includes a shapefile of parcels foreclosed over the past four quarters, a spreadsheet of all parcels scheduled for Sheriff's sale from 1/1/07 through 12/31/12, and metadata. After logging in to SharePoint, go to Documents > Shared Files > Data > MCLIO > Sheriffs Sale Foreclosure Data.
December 7, 2012
What's New at MCLIO...
Happy Holidays from the Milwaukee County Land Information office! Here’s what’s been going on recently:
· Orthophotography/Oblique Imagery collection in 2012 had been delayed because of unseasonably warm weather conditions during the spring and the timing of funding approval. Collection is expected to occur in the spring of 2013 as soon as conditions allow, and will not be subject to any delays as project funding is in place.
· Rectification of the 1951 photos nears completion, and the unearthing of what is possibly the oldest set of air photos from circa 1928 promises ongoing opportunities for air photo acquisition.
· The MCLIO is planning an update to its Planimetric data, which was last done in 2005. Staff is soliciting additional questions from 3 of 4 vendors who responded to an RFP, and a decision is expected to be made in early 2013.
· Address and cadastral mapping updates, maintained by Milwaukee County and the City of Milwaukee, have been continuing. The Register of Deeds has noted an uptick in recorded documents, indicating an ongoing need for efficient processing of parcel and address changes.
· MCLIO is beginning the Business Needs Assessment program, which is intended to gauge the needs of MCAMLIS stakeholders and to formulate a work plan to provide services based on that input. On 12/4 the MCAMLIS Steering Committee approved a Business Needs Assessment Sub-Committee recommendation to have GEODECISIONS out of Madison be selected to do this work.
· SEWRPC has recently released a study titled “Estimate of the Costs of Converting the Foundational Elements of the Land Information and Public Works Management Systems in Southeastern Wisconsin from Legacy to New Datums”. The study details the potential costs of resurveying and employing newer datums. It is available in its entirety here.
· The 90th meeting of the MCAMLIS Steering Committee took place on December 4th. The material related to the issues listed above (and others) are available here.
Read All Posts...