Challenging ice-fishing opportunities await you in the following park lagoons when weather conditions permit.
Ice on lagoons must be 6 inches thick in order to be open for ice fishing.
Pay attention to "Thin Ice" signs posted at the lagoons.
Do not fish in areas designated for skating.
Watch this listing for opening dates
Brown Deer, 7835 N. Green Bay Rd. Do not fish in areas designated for skating
Greenfield, 2028 S. 124 St.
Humboldt, 3000 S. Howell Ave. Do not fish in areas designated for skating
McCarty, 2567 S. 79 St. Do not fish in areas designated for skating
McGovern, 5400 N. 51 St.
Scout Lake, 5902 W. Loomis Rd.
Washington, 1859 N. 40 St.
Wilson, 1601 W. Howard Ave.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources determines fishing regulations. (external link)
For stocking information, call the DNR Urban Fisheries Hotline at (414) 263-8494.
Ice Fishing Clinics for Children
Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Take your children, age 15 and under, to a FREE ice-fishing clinic in your Milwaukee County Parks.
- Members of local fishing clubs will teach ice-fishing basics to ensure safe and fun winter fishing.
- The indoor instructional component of the program will go on no matter what the weather; the ice-fishing component is dependent upon the weather and ice conditions.
- Clinics will begin on the hour from 9 a.m.–2 p.m. All fishing equipment will be furnished.
- Children under 5 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pre-registration is required for individuals--if you have a group of 20 or more, please call in advance.
This program is free and open to the public. For details, contact the Wisconsin DNR at (414) 303-0109.
Attend a clinic at these locations:
- Brown Deer, 7835 N. Green Bay Rd.
- Dineen, 6901 W Vienna Ave
- Humboldt Park, 3000 S. Howell Ave.
- McCarty Park, 8214 W. Cleveland Ave.
- Scout Lake, 5902 W. Loomis Rd. (wheelchair accessible)