Health Care Flexible Spending Account


A Health Care Flexible Spending Account allows you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for out of pocket health care expenses not covered by your insurance plan.


Eligibility and Enrollment


All Milwaukee County employees with an assigned work week of 20 hours or more are eligible as long as they have sufficient income in a two-week period to cover the deduction and are enrolled in the plan during Open Enrollment.


Enrollment is conducted during the annual Open Enrollment Period. Coverage is effective at the beginning of the plan year (calendar year) and is for the whole year. New hires can enroll within thirty (30) days of their date of hire and annually thereafter. To enroll, make your selection online on .


If you have questions about your flexible spending account, contact Ceridian FSA, the County's third party administrator at 1- 866-845-6271.



You must enroll on a yearly basis during Open Enrollment.  You will need to determine an annual election or the amount you want taken out of your paycheck on a pre-tax basis to pay for eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses ($2,500 maximum).  You are allowed to include eligible out-of-pocket expenses for you or your spouse, and anyone claimed as your dependent for tax purposes.  Your annual election will determine the amount that will be deducted in even increments from each of 24 paychecks.  When enrolling please keep in mind that the IRS requires any unused money in your account at the end of the year to be forfeited.  


Plan Year


The plan year begins on your enrollment date -- January 1 for those enrolling during open enrollment;  for new hires, first of the month following thirty days after your date of hire.  The plan year ends on December 31. You cannot modify your choice once it is made.


All deductions are use it or lose it - if you do not make use of the funds that are deducted from your paycheck, the remainder is forfeited to the Plan.   You have until March 15 of the following year to incur eligible expenses and March 31 of the following year to submit reimbursements for the plan year.


If you terminate employment during the plan year, you have 90 days from your termination date to submit your claims for reimbursement.


Reimbursement Procedure


Reimbursement Procedure - You pay the provider and submit verification of payment (e.g. explanation of benefits form, receipt, bill) as affidavits of services rendered, and submit with a claim form to Ceridian for reimbursement.    Print a personalized claim form from your home page of .



Blank (Generic) Claim Form









Milwaukee County is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is actively seeking qualified applicants for various positions throughout County government. Milwaukee County does not discriminate based on age, ancestry/national origin, arrest/conviction record, color, creed, disability, marital status, military membership, race, sex or sexual orientation. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-4143.

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System