Milwaukee County House Of Correction
8885 S. 68th St. Franklin, WI 53132
(414) 427-4720 Visiting Center
All family visits are scheduled visits. Visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance of the visit. Scheduling of visits can be done via the Internet or by stopping in and scheduling it in person at the visiting lobby kiosk for those without internet access. Any visit scheduled where the visitor does not show up for the visit will count as a scheduled visit.
No visits will be scheduled, re-scheduled, or cancelled over the phone.
Visiting Days: SUNDAY, MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, AND SATURDAY
The first visit begins at 7:30 am. The last visit of the day begins at 8:15 pm and ends at 8:45 pm.
Absolutely NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES (Cell phones, Tablets, E-Readers, MP3 players, etc.) are allowed in the Visiting areas.
Anyone found in violation of this will have their visiting privileges restricted for a minimum of 30 days.
Click here to register as a visitor or schedule a visit.
Visits are 30 minutes per session
Inmates are limited to one (1) visit per day, four (4) visits per week
Each visit may consist of:
Maximum of two adults - without children
One adult visitor - with up to 2 children
**Children must be the children of the inmate and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
Helpful Tools and Information
- The incarceration of a loved one can be very overwhelming for both children and caregivers. It can bring about big changes and transitions. In simple everyday ways, you can comfort your child and guide them through these tough moments. To help, the Milwaukee County House of Correction invites you to visit the following website for valuable information and Online Toolkits that should help both children and caregivers alike: http://www.sesamestreet.org/parents/topicsandactivities/toolkits/incarceration
Restrictions on Visitation
- A visitor must wear appropriate attire (including nothing sleeveless) and pass through a metal detector without sounding alarm.
- Inmates are allowed four (4) 30-minute visits per visiting week.
- No strollers/car seats/diaper bags are allowed in the visiting area.
- No food, gum, smoking materials, or beverages are allowed in the video visitng area.
- Any former inmate must wait a minimum of 6 months from the date they were released before they are able to visit any inmate.
- Inmates in disciplinary housing may not have family/friend visitors.
Any visitor violating the policies or the terms and conditions of the Visiting Dept. are subject to having their privileges suspended.