1. All incoming mail to the House of Correction must be delivered by UPS, Fed Ex or the United States Postal Service (USPS).
2. All incoming mail shall be scanned for contraband prior to delivery.
3. All incoming mail shall be opened and inspected, in the presence of the inmate, prior to delivery.
4. Envelopes shall contain ONLY letters, drawings or tasteful pictures. Any pictures sent that are deemed inappropriate shall be considered contraband and will be destroyed.
5. Magazines and Newspapers will be delivered only through subscription services.
6. The following magazines are considered contraband and shall be refused delivery: Playboy, Penthouse, Maxim and any weapons magazines
7. Books must be mailed from the following APPROVED PUBLISHERS ONLY:
Penguin Random House - may be ordered by phone at 1-800-793-2665 - available titles may be seen on their website at www.penguinrandomhouse.com
ChristianBook.com - available titles can be ordered via the website - phone number is 1-800-Christian
No packages shall be accepted from Amazon, E-Bay, Barnes & Noble or Books-a-Million, etc.
8. No packages shall be accepted from on-line shopping stores, such as "shipapackage.net".
9. Any mailed items received at the HOC after an inmate has been released shall be returned to sender.
10. Inmate mail shall be rejected and returned to sender if the following are omitted and/or violated: The inmate's full first and last name, DOB (Inmate's Booking number, if known) must be legible and on the envelope, The full sender's name and full address must be listed and legible.
11. NO address labels or stickers of any kind may be affixed to an incoming or outgoing envelope. The only item allowed to be affixed to the envelope is an Official United States postage stamp or official inked postage mark.