Inmate Mail Information
1. All incoming mail to the House of Correction must be delivered by UPS, Fed Ex or the United States Postal Service (USPS)
2. All incoming mail shall be scanned for contraband prior to delivery
3. All incoming mail shall be opened and inspected, in the presence of the inmate, prior to delivery
4. Envelopes shall contain ONLY letters, drawings or tasteful pictures. Any pictures sent that are deemed inappropriate shall be considered contraband and will be destroyed.
5. Magazines and Newspapers will be delivered only through subscription services
6. The following magazines are considered contraband and shall be refused delivery: Playboy, Penthouse, Maxim and any weapons magazines
7. Packages may contain soft-covered or paperback books only
8. Books must be mailed from the following APPROVED PUBLISHERS ONLY: Random House, Double Day, or Penguin Publishers
9. No packages shall be accepted from Amazon, E-Bay, Barnes & Noble or Books-a-Million.
10. Packages received after an inmate has been released shall be returned to sender.