1. All incoming mail to the House of Correction must be delivered by UPS, Fed Ex or the United States Postal Service (USPS).
2. All incoming mail shall be scanned for contraband prior to delivery.
3. All incoming mail shall be opened and inspected, in the presence of the inmate, prior to delivery.
4. Envelopes shall contain ONLY letters, drawings or tasteful pictures. Any pictures sent that are deemed inappropriate shall be considered contraband and will be destroyed.
5. Magazines and Newspapers will be delivered only through subscription services.
6. The following magazines are considered contraband and shall be refused delivery: Playboy, Penthouse, Maxim and any weapons magazines
7. Books must be mailed from the following APPROVED PUBLISHERS ONLY:
Penguin Random House - may be ordered by phone at 1-800-793-2665 - available titles may be seen on their website at www.penguinrandomhouse.com
Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC - available titles may be seen on their website at www.tatepublishing.com
No packages shall be accepted from Amazon, E-Bay, Barnes & Noble or Books-a-Million, etc.
8. No packages shall be accepted from on-line shopping stores, such as "shipapackage.net".
9. Any mailed items received at the HOC after an inmate has been released shall be returned to sender.