Frequently Asked Questions

Bookmark and Share
Where can I find accessible housing?


The independent living center (IndependenceFirst) can assist you will locating affordable, accessible housing. IndependenceFirst can be reached by calling 414-291-7520 (Voice/TTY), 414-291-7525 (Fax), or .

How can I apply for disability?


To apply for Social Security Disability you can call 1-800-772-1213 or visit .

How can I apply for Transit Plus?


To apply for Transit Plus you can contact 414-343-1700 or visit .

How do I request an accommodation?


Milwaukee County employees who have a disability should speak to their supervisor or human resources representative and complete a Request for Accommodation form. The supervisor should forward the form to the Employment Accessibility Coordinator, who can assist the employee with obtaining the accommodation.

What if there are no accommodations that will allow me to do my current job?



Employees who are unable to do the essential functions of their current position due to a qualifying disability may be eligible to obtain alternative employment elsewhere in the County system. The employment would be in an open position, for which the employee meets the minimum qualifications and passes any performance tests associated with the position. It would also be at or below the employee's current pay range.

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System