Fourth of July Celebrations
Fees & Regulations | Event Site & Parking Map
| July 3rd at the Lakefront 2018
Spend the entire day at the Lakefront!
- Fireworks Kite Festival
July 3, 2018, begining at 11 a.m. Learn more about it at Gift of Wings
- US Bank Fireworks at the Lakefront
July 3, 2018, at dusk (about 9:25pm)
"Watch the skies light up the lakefront in Milwaukee for 60 minutes of 'oohs and aahs.'" The popular hour-long July 3rd fireworks have been a tradition in our community and attract quite a crowd.
Plan to arrive early. To ensure pedestrian and vehicular safety, the Milwaukee Police Department and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department will at some point close vehicular access to North Lincoln Memorial Drive, so plan ahead.
Rules for the Fireworks at the Lakefront
- Overnight vehicular parking is NOT ALLOWED in Veterans Park on July 2 or 3 -- See the Fees & Regulations and Event Site & Parking Map
- Driving a vehicle into the park is NOT ALLOWED (It's never allowed!)
- Dropping off passengers on Lagoon Road is NOT ALLOWED on July 3. The Gift of Wings Kite Store parking lot will serve as a lot for vehicles with state-issued disabled plates or hang tags. Availability is limited; when this lot is full, event-goers will need to use general parking..
- Using tent stakes or other stakes to mark a "saved" spot is NOT ALLOWED (Staking is never allowed!)
- Pack it in, Pack it out! So everyone can enjoy a clean, safe, and fun Fourth of July, the Milwaukee County Parks and the City of Milwaukee's Fourth of July Commission remind you to place trash in the proper containers or to take it with you.
| Community Fourth of July Celebrations
Celebrate the Fourth in your Milwaukee County Parks. Programs such as parades and talent contests vary from park to park. All parks listed in the City of Milwaukee have celebrations Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
There are NO picnic permits or building-rental permits issued for the Fourth of July -- See the Fees & Regulations
Pack it in, Pack it out!
So everyone can enjoy a clean, safe, and fun Fourth of July, the Milwaukee County Parks and the City of Milwaukee's Fourth of July Commission remind you to place trash in the proper containers or to take it with you.
Celebration & Fireworks presented by the City of Milwaukee's Fourth of July Commission
- Alcott, 3751 S. 97 St. (ground-display fireworks)
- Gordon, 2828 N. Humboldt Blvd.
- Humboldt, 3000 S. Howell Ave.
- Jackson, 3500 W. Forest Home Ave.
- King, 1531 W. Vliet St. (no fireworks)
- Lake, 3233 E. Kenwood Blvd.
- Lincoln, 1301 W. Hampton Ave.
- Mitchell, 2200 W. Pierce St.
- Noyes, 8235 W. Good Hope Rd.
- Sherman, 3000 N. Sherman Blvd. (no fireworks)
- Washington, 1859 N. 40 St.
- Wilson, 1601 W. Howard Ave.
For more information, visit the City of Milwaukee's Fourth of July Commission website
Additional Celebrations 2017
- City of South Milwaukee at Grant Park, 100 E. Hawthorne Ave. For details visit the South Milwaukee's website (external link)
- Village of Hales Corners at Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Rd. For details visit the Hales Corners website and select "Events & Programs" (external link)
- City of Glendale at Kletzsch Park, 6560 N. Milwaukee River Pkwy. For details visit the Glendale website (external link)
- City of Cudahy at Sheridan Park, 4800 S. Lake Dr. For details visit the City of Cudahy's website (external link)
- City of St. Francis at the Oak Leaf Trail, north of Sheridan Park, 4800 S. Lake Dr. For details visit the City of St. Francis website (external link)