Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact for information on FoodShare, BadgerCare, Medicaid (T19), Caretaker Supplement or Wisconsin Shares (Child Care)?

Call 1-800-291-2002 for information on the topics listed above.  To determine if you may qualify for these programs, visit  If you need to speak to someone about your case, contact the Call Center 1-888-947-6583.  The verification fax number is 414-438-4580.

How do I report possible child abuse and/or neglect?

To report suspected child abuse or neglect, please call 414-220-7233. This number is available 24 hours a day. The State of Wisconsin administers the Child Welfare Program.

Mental Health Crisis Line

To talk to a counselor regarding a critical mental health issue, please call 257-7222.  This number is available 24 hours a day.

City of Milwaukee Health Department

The City of Milwaukee Health Department phone number is 286-3521. You can also get information for the Health Department by visiting their website.

Out-of-State Inquiries

If you are a worker from an out-of-state social service agency and need to check the status of a case, please call 414-289-6203.  For inquiries relating to adoptions, foster care or child welfare, please call the Bureau of Child Welfare at 414-343-5500.

How do I find my local Social Security office?

Call 1-800-772-1213 or visit the Social Security website.

My income tax refund was intercepted. What do I do?

Please write to the department with your name, address, social security number and the department will respond back, within 30 days, with details of the debt you owe the department. Included in the department's response will be an appeal form if you feel you do not owe the debt. Please mail your inquiry to: Tax Intercept Program, P.O. Box 05079, Milwaukee, WI 53205.

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System