Dependant Care Spending Account Overview:
Milwaukee County provides you with an opportunity to pay for your dependent care costs on a pre-tax basis and you also have freedom of choosing your own daycare.
You do not have to pay State or federal income taxes or social security tax on this money.
The tax savings can be applied to your dependent care costs:
The Internal Revenue Service Tax Codes define what constitutes a dependent.
You should consult your tax adviser if:
There is any question in your mind of the dependency status of your children and/or parents regarding this benefit.
If you have questions about your flexible spending account, contact EBC, the County's third party administrator at:
To enroll: make your selection online on www.benefitenroll.com
Special rules apply to certain circumstances where non-custodial parents are entitled to claim the individual as a dependent.
According to the Internal Revenue Service:
- Once you have elected to participate:
- The plan year BEGINS on your enrollment date (January 1, except for new hires) and ENDS on Dec. 31;
- You CANNOT modify your choices once they are made except for a Change of Family
- All deductions for dependent care are use or lose:
- If you do not make use of the amount deducted:
- The income is forfeited to the plan.
Milwaukee County is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is actively seeking qualified applicants for various positions throughout County government. Milwaukee County does not discriminate based on age, ancestry/national origin, arrest/conviction record, color, creed, disability, marital status, military membership, race, sex or sexual orientation.
If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-4143