Circuit Court Criminal/Traffic Records/Case Search
Milwaukee County Circuit Court records are available to the public online at CCAP.
Physical records/cases can be viewed, free of charge, in the Clerk of Circuit Court, Criminal Division office, unless the records are sealed or expunged. Records are available for view Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:45pm. We typically maintain about nine (9) years worth of records on-site, with the exception of simple traffic and non-criminal ordinance violations, which we retain for only five (5) years. Older records may require retrieval from remote locations and may take several days to retrieve.
Please visit us at:
Milwaukee County Safety Building
821 W State Street, Room 117
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Requests for records/case searches can be made as follows:
- In-person at the address listed above between the hours of 8:00am and 4:45pm, Monday through Friday.
- By mail to the address above.
- By fax to: (414) 223-1262 (please mark, Attn: Case Search Unit).
- No requests are taken by e-mail or phone!
What are the associated costs?
- To conduct a case search on an individual where the case number(s) are not supplied is $5.00 per name.
- Copies of documents are $1.25 per page.
- Certified copies are $5.00 per document in addition to the per-page charge.
- Postage is the actual cost unless you provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Prepayment is required once we contact you with the total cost.
Information required when submitting a request:
- If a case search is requested, we need the full name of the individual, the date of birth (if known), or approximate age and sex.
- If you are seeking copies from a specific case, specify exactly what documents you are requesting and make sure to include the case number(s).
- Your phone number where we can contact you with the total cost of your request, and/or we need clarification on a request.
- Advise us where to send the documents/completed search.