Illness - Small Claims
|* * * A T T E N T I O N * * *
IF YOU CANNOT APPEAR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT, ROOM 400,
DUE TO FLU OR OTHER SERIOUS ILLNESS:
- Please note that you cannot reschedule your case by telephone.
- If you cannot appear on your scheduled date, you should try to contact the opposing party or attorney to agree on a new date. The opposing party or attorney should come to court on the original date to reschedule your case.
- If you cannot contact the opposing party or attorney, you may send a friend or relative on the original date and time to reschedule the case for you.
- If you are unable to reschedule your case, and do not appear on the original date and time, your case may be dismissed if you are the plaintiff. If you are the defendant, there may be a default judgment entered against you. If your case is dismissed or a judgment is entered against you, you will receive a notice in the mail.
- If your case is dismissed or a default judgment is entered against you, you may file a motion asking the court to reopen your case. To do this, go to Room 400 in the courthouse on any business day at 10:30 a.m. or 3:30 p.m