Voter Questions


We have provided answers to the most frequently asked questions below.  If your question is not answered here or on the State website,, please contact us.

Where do I register to vote?

Up until 25 days before an election, you can register in person at the Milwaukee County Election Commission or with your local municipality.  If you would like to register with us, we are located at the Milwaukee County Courthouse-Room G-10, 901 North 9th Street, Milwaukee.  If you are a City of Milwaukee resident, click here.  For other municipalities, click here.


On the day of the election, you must register to vote at your polling place.

Where do I vote? (Where is my polling place?)

To find out where you vote (your polling place), use the State's Voter Public Access website,

How do I get an Absentee Ballot?

You can get an Absentee Ballot from your local municipality.  If you are a City of Milwaukee resident, click here.  If you live in another municipality, click here.

Am I a registered voter?

To find out if you are an active registered voter, use the State's Voter Public Access website,

Can I see a sample ballot?

The State's Voter Public Access website, allows you to view a sample ballot.

Where do I report election violations or complaints?

You can report suspected election violations or complaints to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office, Public Integrity Unit at (414) 278-4645.  Please do not call this number with routine election questions such as "Where do I vote?", "Am I registered to vote?", etc.  If you have a routine question and you live in the City of Milwaukee, call (414) 286-VOTE (8683).  Otherwise, click here to find your local Clerk's Office.

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System